Answered

Alexa stopped playing music on Sonos Move 2

• 15 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi Everyone,

I just bought Sonos Move 2 and set it up yesterday. Everything worked fine. I set up Alexa and made it use Spotify for playing music.

I came from work today, said Alexa play music and it didn’t work. Alexa is answering that it starts playing this or that but there is no music. I tried to remove Spotify from Alexa, Alexa from Sonos app but nothing worked. I can play music via Spotify or Sonos apps on my phone. I tried to add Apple Music to Alexa but it’s the same. It says “Playing X on Apple Music” and nothing happens.

Any tips how I can fix it?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 February 2024, 11:00

View original

5 replies

Badge

I’m the most unlikely candidate to answer this but I have experienced similar stuff with my new ERA 100. I found that overnight the Bluetooth would disconnect I had to eliminate the two ERA 100’s and then pair them to my iPhone again. After a week to 10 days thar issue some how fixed itself. I don’t know if possibly I down loaded an update that fixed the problem or not but it stopped the overnight disconnect. I’m new to Sonos and most likely you probably know more than I . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RadekW 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the trouble you’re having!

Please open the Alexa app and go to More » Skills & Games » Your Skills (at bottom of screen) » Sonos » Disable Skill. Once done, select Enable to use to link the accounts once more.

I hope this helps.

Hi @RadekW 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the trouble you’re having!

Please open the Alexa app and go to More » Skills & Games » Your Skills (at bottom of screen) » Sonos » Disable Skill. Once done, select Enable to use to link the accounts once more.

I hope this helps.

It doesn’t.

Ok, so what happened is one day I did something similar you suggested. I removed sonos skill from Alexa and Spotify skill. Then I readded Alexa in the Sonos app and Spotify in Alexa app. It worked. It was working for like 2 weeks and then one day it stopped. Doing the same steps doesn’t help. What I noticed is that Alexa stops working when the speaker is not connected to the dock. It’s very frustrating to be honest. So at the moment it doesn’t work again and I don’t know what to do because I tried everything including removing devices in the Amazon WWW panel etc. whatever I could find online.

My current idea is to disconnect Alexa from the speaker, remove sonos skill from Alexa and wait a week hoping that maybe there is some caching problem and after the week it will be gone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RadekW 

I’m sorry to hear that didn’t help.

I can’t think of a single reason as to why Alexa would stop working if the Move is not docked - I have to assume this has just been coincidence so far. If definitely repeatable, however, I request you get in touch with our technical support team to report and document this unusual behaviour.

In regards to getting Alexa working, I now recommend the following:

• Remove Alexa from the Move 2 (Settings » Services & Voice » Amazon Alexa » [room name] » Remove Alexa)
  • Disable the Sonos skill in Alexa app (Alexa app and go to More » Skills & Games » Your Skills (at bottom of screen) » Sonos » Disable Skill
  • Add Alexa to the Move 2 (Settings » Services & Voice » Add a Voice Assistant » Amazon Alexa and follow prompts)

I hope this helps.- if it does not, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

check out

https://support.sonos.com/en/article/amazon-alexa-availability-on-sonos

fake your address to one in a supported country - you need to supply a credible phone number without country code