Answered

adding a portable speaker to amp system

• 18 November 2023
  • 6 replies

i have 2 amp which are each connected to 4 in-ceiling speakers in 2 different rooms and I love having music as I move from room to room.  I would also like to enjoy the same music on a separate floor, without installing ‘in ceiling’ speakers.  Is there a way to do this?

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 18 November 2023, 23:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can just add other Sonos speakers to your two Amps. Just power them up and use the Sonos controller to “Add To System” and you’ll have what you need.

Sorry for being thick, but, would the additional speakers need to physically be attached to my amps, (which isn’t possibleP,  or could it be via bluetooth?

It would be via Wi-Fi, generally, although you could, in some cases, use an Ethernet cable connected to your router. But they’re designed to be connected wirelessly, as the setup process will take you through that. 

thank you both for your advice.

Any of the SONOS powered speakers could be wirelessly added to the other rooms. Rooms can be “Grouped” to play the same music. 

Thank you all. 

I just received delivery of the Eros 100. 

Can’t believe how simple to set up, and now I have all the music I want, everywhere I want it.