Answered

Spotify album artwork is distorted

• 15 October 2022
  • 64 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Diagnostic 1602233776

All of my Spotify artwork accessed from Sonos Playlists are distorted, or pixelated. When I browse and search for the same album that same album artwork looks fine, then that album artwork on my Sonos Playlists fixes itself. It’s almost like the Spotify Album artwork cached itself using much smaller images. Then when I access those albums manually it corrects itself. I have thousands of Spotify songs on Sonos Playlists so searching for every one is not reasonable. I have rebooted all my Sonos speakers, reauthorized my Spotify account and even removed the Spotify account then re-added it, but nothing has worked. Please help. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 25 October 2022, 12:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

64 replies

Badge +1

I have the same issue. Can’t seem to clear sonos cache of pixelated artist artwork. Playing a new playlist is fine, but as soon as I play an old playlist, all album artwork pixelates drastically.

Somehow sonos app is reading artwork that was not optimized properly possibly due to an internet connection dropping. It should be able to refresh or restore itself once web connected is properly restored.

I am using Spotify via Sonos.

Reset app etc. Nothing works.Help.Please 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Have you tried clearing the cache of the Sonos app (though it might be in your system): https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4758?language=en_US

Badge +1

Yes I have. No resolution.

Had Sonos for a long tine. Never had this issue before.

Very annoying 

Badge +1

Would be nice if someone in Sonos responded to these type of issues 

Badge +1

What is more puzzling is that this same issue has infected my Sonos App on my Mac and iPhones…🙁

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I’ve had Sonos and Spotify for a very long time too. This is just a recent issue within the last week. Other music services album artwork is fine. It’s just Spotify that is having the issue. My iPhone, iPad and my wife’s iPhone are all having the same Spotify issue. 

Badge +1

AA9979, I am surprised that other users aren’t complaining?

My pixelation issue is prominent when I enable Shuffle on a Spotify playlist, on Sonos App.

Maybe using the old Sonos App is the way to go?

Badge +1

How does one open a ticket with Sonos, so the problem is logged and resolved?

The Sonos diagnosis confirmation number is: 1379667112.

How does one open a ticket with Sonos, so the problem is logged and resolved?

You can contact Sonos Staff via this LINK to report the issue.

Badge +1

Thanks, although this is really a limited AI chat forum. Surprised they don’t use a ticket system, only option is to phone I guess. Not user friendly in my opinion….

Thanks, although this is really a limited AI chat forum. Surprised they don’t use a ticket system, only option is to phone I guess. Not user friendly in my opinion….

I believe it’s a ‘free’ phone number - it is in the UK at least, where I am.

You might find it easier to contact then during weekdays/working hours that are stated for your region.

Note the data does come from Spotify, so you may want to contact them about the matter too.. they are responsible for their Service within the Sonos App. Sonos just publish the API for their developers to use …and other services that use the same API do not appear to have the same issues with their artwork from what I can gather.

To contact Spotify support, see this LINK

HTH too.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I opened a ticket with Sonos. They said if the problem is not on their end they will forward the issue to Spotify. I will post any solutions or explanations here. 

Badge +1

Thank you Ken and AA9979

Badge +1

Would think it is in the interests of Sonos to take this up Spotify too, as it materially affects the usability of the Sonos App.

Just a thought 🙃🙂

Badge +1

Anyone at Sonos reading this? 🙂

Badge

Add me to the list. And when I play a track from my local library on my NAS I get NO artwork at all - even though it appears in the search dialog. 

After several minutes the artwork has appeared. There’s a bug lurking…

Running S2 v14.16 build 69133120.

Brent

Add me to the list. And when I play a track from my local library on my NAS I get NO artwork at all - even though it appears in the search dialog. 

Brent

Different issue - check the tracks metadata for the embedded artwork, or the folder for the correct artwork/resolution which is mentioned here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/543

Anyone at Sonos reading this? 🙂

Probably not, it’s weekend and coverage is mostly weekdays in the user community here, but there are Support Staff who respond at the LINK provided earlier.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

My case is still open but I was just told they did everything they can via the chat and now I have to call them on Monday for further “advanced troubleshooting.”

Badge

Brent

Different issue - check the tracks metadata for the embedded artwork, or the folder for the correct artwork/resolution which is mentioned here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/543

I also have the Spotify issue as noted by the OP.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I contacted Spotify support and basically they have no clue. They said to wait it out and it might be fixed with the next app update, but they don’t know. I recommend anyone else having this issue to also contact both Sonos and Spotify. 

It gets weirder…

I had the pixelated artwork problem playing a Spotify playlist I’ve played many times.

So I cleared the cache by resetting and closing the iPhone sonos S1 app.

I then went to Amazon music within the Sonos source list and the artwork loaded fine, made a coffee and came back and now it’s pixelated, even the tracks that initially loaded fine.

So looks like a Sonos issue not a Spotify issue…

It gets weirder…

I had the pixelated artwork problem playing a Spotify playlist I’ve played many times.

So I cleared the cache by resetting and closing the iPhone sonos S1 app.

I then went to Amazon music within the Sonos source list and the artwork loaded fine, made a coffee and came back and now it’s pixelated, even the tracks that initially loaded fine.

So looks like a Sonos issue not a Spotify issue…

I wonder if the artwork delivered, is based on point to point network connection latency 🤔? - Anyhow the matter has been reported by @a9979, so hopefully it will get to the right people to look into the matter. 

Badge +1

Thanks Ken. I don’t think so. 

For me, I only have this issue with Spotify via the Sonos App.

All the the other services. eg Apple Music, Tidal etc. are fine.