Answered

Asset UPnP Queue Entire Album

• 28 June 2020
  • 6 replies

I have reviewed several discussions on this, but have not found an answer (at least the one I hope to find, lol).  The Sonos Port does see my Asset UPnP server and I can select individual tracks to play.  I can also add tracks individually to the queue, but am looking for a way to add the entire album to the queue at once.  Selecting each song and then “Add to End of Queue” is a bit tedious.  

So is there a way to add the entire album at once?  This function is available on another streamer I have (Moon MIND) so It seems it would also be available on the Sonos.

icon

Best answer by Kyle A 5 July 2020, 20:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Undefined, sorry for the late response, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

To answer the question your question. Yes, you can play the album all at once. 

However, I would need to know how you’re playing the songs.

If you’re using a Sonos desktop app controller; You simply goto your music source then go to the album or playlist and rather than select a song you hit play instead.

I would like to know if you added a Music Library index to the Sonos system or you’re using a  Music Service.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

@Kyle A 

Thanks for the reply.  What I have found is if I use a library stored on my NAS, and map that to the Sonos, then the Sonos does index the files and I can play an entire album without selecting each song.

As far as the Asset software, that runs on a MAC server and the Asset software actually does the indexing.  For this, the Sonos does not allow me to select the entire album, even from the desktop application.  With this, I need to manually add each song to the queue.  I suppose it is related to where the indexing happens. ??

Anyway, I am just using the NAS library now and everything is great!  I use the Asset server for another streamer in a second system.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Undefined, thanks for the update.

I’m glad you have full functionality with a NAS drive; while using a NAS for indexing the Music Library to Sonos is supported

Please tell us what the name of the Asset Server you’re using. We might have a piece of information I can share.

In any case, reach out if you have other concerns.

@Kyle A 

It is just the Asset UpNP software running on a Mac Server.  The software is available here: https://www.dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-dlna.htm

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Undefined, thank you for the update.

A software from illustrate, we never encountered this software before.

The 3rd party integration that works with Sonos will be in this link but I’ll be sure to pass this along to our Engineers.

Also If you can, get in touch with the developer maybe there’s a way to allow Sonos to play all songs from an album. 

@Kyle A, Thanks for the link.  

The Asset software and the Mac Server was something I set-up to use on my Simaudio streamer based on their recommendations.  It is great the the Sonos can access this library at all.

Since I was able to map the NAS (I was just using this for backup) things are running great now.  The Sonos features and flexibility are a perfect fit for me.

Thanks again for you support.