Xbox Series X settings

• 20 December 2020
  • 18 replies

Badge

New Sonos Arc owner here. I’ve no idea what the Xbox Series X(or my TV-Vizio P75-C1) audio settings should be. It’s set up/connected to my TV fine(HDMI-arc), but no idea for optimizations. Any advice welcome...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 7

On your TV’s settings, turn off the TV speakers, turn off Volume Leveling, and set Digital Audio Out to bitstream or auto.

Other than gaming, what else are you planning to play through the Sonos Arc?

FYI, it doesn’t look like your TV has HDMI eARC so that will put some limitations on your Sonos Arc.

Userlevel 7

Here is a link with instructions for your Xbox audio settings: https://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-series-x/How_to_Set_Up_Surround_Sound#How_to_Set_Up_Dolby_Atmos_with_a_Soundbar_or_Home_Theater_System

Badge

Thank you for the quick response. Looks like I already had the TV audio set up correctly. Other than the gaming console, I use Directv, have an Oppo BDP-203 4K disc player, and streaming(like Netflix, etc) thru Vizio Smartcast.

Badge

The Xbox tutorial doesn't work for me. It won’t let me select Atoms-says receiver doesn't support it(no recover, just soundbar). 

Userlevel 7

Since your TV only has HDMI ARC and not eARC, I recommend the HD Fury Arcana device that will allow you to get lossless Dolby TrueHD/Atmos and lossless multi-channel LPCM from Blu-ray Discs on your Oppo UHD player or Xbox. It’s $199 but worth every penny. I have a seven-year-old TV and I get lossless audio playing through the Arc because of the Arcana. You will probably need an HDMI switch too since it looks like you have three external devices.

Userlevel 7

The Xbox tutorial doesn't work for me. It won’t let me select Atoms-says receiver doesn't support it(no recover, just soundbar). 

Your TV probably doesn’t allow Atmos audio to pass through from the Xbox to the Arc since you only have HDMI ARC and not eARC.

Badge

Your TV probably doesn’t allow Atmos audio to pass through from the Xbox to the Arc since you only have HDMI ARC and not eARC.

Yeah that must be it. Have to wait til Black Friday next November for a new 4K 120hz display w/ all the bells and whistles

Userlevel 7

Based on what I’ve read about your TV, you might be able to stream Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby Atmos content from your TV’s native apps.

Badge

Thanks for the help. Should I turn Surround Sound off in the TV’s audio settings?

Badge

Does the Arcana have two inputs? I’d like to have the better audio for both Xbox and my Oppo.

Userlevel 7

Thanks for the help. Should I turn Surround Sound off in the TV’s audio settings?

I think this setting only affects the TV’s internal speakers.

Userlevel 7

Does the Arcana have two inputs? I’d like to have the better audio for both Xbox and my Oppo.

The Arcana only has one input. That’s why I recommended an HDMI switch so you can connect multiple devices. I am using a 3-port switch with an Apple TV, UHD 4K player, and Roku Ultra connected to it. I can send a link to the specific switch I am using if you are interested. Only certain switches will work correctly with the Arcana.

Badge

The Arcana only has one input. That’s why I recommended an HDMI switch so you can connect multiple devices. I am using a 3-port switch with an Apple TV, UHD 4K player, and Roku Ultra connected to it. I can send a link to the specific switch I am using if you are interested. Only certain switches will work correctly with the Arcana.

I think they've a new one w/ two. Have to decide if I wanna wait for a new display or not

Userlevel 7

I think they've a new one w/ two. Have to decide if I wanna wait for a new display or not

The Arcana has three HDMI ports: eARC OUT, HDMI OUT, and HDMI IN. eARC OUT connects to the Sonos Arc. HDMI OUT connects to the TV. HDMI IN connects to one external media device or an HDMI switch with multiple devices.

Badge

The Arcana has three HDMI ports: eARC OUT, HDMI OUT, and HDMI IN. eARC OUT connects to the Sonos Arc. HDMI OUT connects to the TV. HDMI IN connects to one external media device or an HDMI switch with multiple devices.

I was looking at this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HWLZFD7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A36RNAH785VCX0&psc=1

Userlevel 7

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HWLZFD7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A36RNAH785VCX0&psc=1

That’s the Integral 2, not the Arcana. Here’s the Arcana: https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

Badge

That’s the Integral 2, not the Arcana. Here’s the Arcana: https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

So does the I2 do two eARC? Is there a setup that has two inputs? 

It may pass eARC, but it doesn’t create it. So far, only the Arcana does that.