Answered

Volume Control not working with Remote

• 11 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi

Got a play bar and 2 play 1’s as surround sound for my TV. 

The volume up has stopped working. 

I’ve reconnected it via the app, followed all the prompts and it’s says it’s connected. 

The light comes on when turning volume down but not when turning volume up. The lights worked when I reconnected in the app but doesn’t work. 

Any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by Kemski 12 February 2020, 20:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

First thing I’d try is a power cycle of the PLAYBAR, and see if that helps. 

Then I’d re program Sonos’ ability to see the remote control using the Sonos controller, via Settings>System>(Room name of PLAYBAR)>Remote Control Setup. 

I’d also double check the batteries in the remote, and make sure there is nothing obscuring the sensor on the PLAYBAR, including light from the TV. Try temporarily using a 3x5 card or something similar to shade the sensor, in case it’s being overwhelmed by the light from the TV on the frequency that is the ‘volume up’ command. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Bruce

Thanks for the reply, I’ve already power cycled it and reconnected the remote 3 times. It lights up fine when re connecting it. 

I’ll try the new batteries, but the down volume works and nothing’s changed in regards to positioning and light etc. 

it was working, I went out.  1 hour later it’s not working.  Thought it was a WiFi/router issue at first. I’ll give the batteries a go when I get back and see what happens. 

Cheers. 

If changing the batteries fails, try the shading of the sensor. Then, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

So I’ve sorted it, my daughter who was messing around with the tv controls turned the digital output off. 

thanks for the help. 

kids eh!!!