Answered

using trueplay in odd shaped room.

• 14 December 2020
  • 3 replies

hi all.  i have recently purchased a sonos arc soundbar to play dolby atmos on.  my room is one of those that years ago used to be a seperate sitting room and dining room which someone in the past has had converted into one room.  this means my tv on the wall and soundbar underneath are central to old living room but not to overall room and there is a large area to the left (as you look at tv) of the soundbar compared to the right.  my question is when using trueplay do i walk around the whole room or just the area i am watching the tv/soundbar from.

i hope this makes sense

thanks

icon

Best answer by Simon B 16 December 2020, 22:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Jammyjase, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up. When performing the Trueplay what I suggest is to cover as much area as possible: Do your best to cover as much of the room as you can while tuning your Sonos speaker. The app will show you a video on how to make smooth movements with your device from head to waist as you move around during tuning. If you are tuning a speaker in a small room, use any remaining time after covering the room to focus on the areas where you listen to Sonos the most. You may refer to this article about Tuning your Sonos speakers with Trueplay for further reference. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Thanks Simon b. I will do it tomorrow for whole room and let you know how I get on

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Jammyjase, thanks for the update. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.