Answered

Unable to factory reset Sub Mini

Hi all!

I received my Sub Mini yesterday, and having some trouble connecting it to my system.

When I plugged it in, the status LED is white and I could not find it in my S2-app, so I supposed I need to reset it.

Plugged it out from power, hold Join button (the only button on Sub Mini) while plugging it in. The status LED began to blink white, but after a while it just came back to fixed white light, which is a little more dull / dimmed than the blinking.

I have tried this many time, but still haven't been able to reset it in order to pair with my system.

I then plugged ethernet port in to it, and was able to find its IP in my network, and Web Interface (port 1400) works just fine (REPORTED as Sub Mini, too!), so it's not totally dead, but it seems like there isn't a way to reset it from Web Interface.

Have anyone experienced this problem (on both Sub Mini and other devices), and any tips would be greatly appreciate!

Cheers!

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 23 April 2023, 12:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Did you keep the ‘Join’ button pressed until the status light flashed Orange and White?  When the status light turns Green, then you can re-add the device.

What other Sonos device are you trying to add your Sub Mini to?

Did you keep the ‘Join’ button pressed until the status light flashed Orange and White?  When the status light turns Green, then you can re-add the device.

What other Sonos device are you trying to add your Sub Mini to?

Yes I did hold the ‘Join’ button, but the part “status light flashed Orange and White’ never happened, it just flashed white, then back to fixed dull white.

I am planning to pair it with my Playbar + 2x IKEA bookshelves for now, in waiting for Arc which is delayed on the way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

And if you open the Sonos App>Settings>System and select your PlayBar, then Add Sub, does it not appear?

Sadly no, only 'Sub not found' message shows up...

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

And you are running the S2 App?

And you are running the S2 App?

Yes

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you remove the App and reinstall the S2 App and leave the Sub Mini powered off for a few mins.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Is wi-fi turned ‘on’ on your PlayBar?

Can you remove the App and reinstall the S2 App and leave the Sub Mini powered off for a few mins.

Tried this, still no luck. My Playbar has Wifi turned on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Is it showing in the Sonos App>Settings>System list?  If so, please refer to: https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/sonos-product-shows-a-not-connected-status-in-the-app

I had tried to check that link before posted question, nothing helped. 

By the way, my problem was that I was unable to factory reset my device, which had nothing to do with connecting device to my system (yet!). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

By the way, my problem was that I was unable to factory reset my device, which had nothing to do with connecting device to my system (yet!). 

Yes, I know but the definition of a white status light is that the device is connected to your system: https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/sonos-led-lights

Yes, I know but the definition of a white status light is that the device is connected to your system: https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/sonos-led-lights

Accurate! I think there is some different between that white status light and my dull white status light, it is a bit dimmer than normal white we used to see on other Sonos when they are connected. I might as well take video of it to show a little bit clearer :). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’m beginning to suspect that you have a defective unit.  I suggest that you call Sonos Support tomorrow, as they have more tools available to them to test your system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just one more thought.  Can you connect your Sub Mini via an ethernet cable and try and check for Software updates in the Sonos App> Settings?

Just one more thought.  Can you connect your Sub Mini via an ethernet cable and try and check for Software updates in the Sonos App> Settings?

That’s a nice thought, will try it :D. Thanks.

I’m beginning to suspect that you have a defective unit.  I suggest that you call Sonos Support tomorrow, as they have more tools available to them to test your system.

Sorry for late response. Yes it was a defective unit, I contacted Sonos and they issue a replacement which came 2 days after I started the process. Impressed!!!