Skip to main content
Answered

Unable to connect Beam to Router

• 10 December 2023
  • 13 replies

Hi, just got a Beam 2 and it will not connect to Plusnet Hub 2, the app just keeps saying a factory reset is required. Can anyone help please?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Wireless or Ethernet?  If wireless, the Beam will only connect via a 2.4 signal, try turning the 5GHz wifi signal off during setup.

Hi, thanks, already tried that as well as  several resets of everything. Have now managed to get a bit further and the app is letting me set up the Beam. Have got to the HDMI page and the app is just hanging, saying connecting. I can see the Sonos graphics on the TV if I change source to Sonos. Can’t seem to get any further.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can you Factory Reset the Beam, to make sure that it's not partially set-up and retry.

Have done that several times and have managed to get it working, though it never did show that the hdmi was connected. The next problem lol- it won’t recognise my remotes, either the TV remote or the remote for my Apple TV..

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have a look at https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/control-sonos-home-theater-with-your-tv-remote

Thanks, have been through all that and still no luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What TV do you have?

A Luxor, which I normally control with the Apple TV remote. Neither remote is recognised by the beam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have you looked at https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/use-an-apple-tv-remote-with-sonos-home-theater-products

Thanks again, but since I can’t get either remote to connect to the Beam that article doesn’t apply unfortunately. The beam is connected via hdmi.

Some further info, when I try to connect the remote by pressing volume up three times, the light on top flashes each time, so the beam is obviously receiving the signal, yet the app says no signal is recognised.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

But you can control the Beam from the Sonos App?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Aliballybee 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m glad to hear you got through the initial issue you were having. For anyone else experiencing the same, the following should help:

• Workaround 1:
  1. Force quit the Sonos app on the iOS controller and re-open it. Resume setting up the Sonos product.
  • Workaround 2:
  1. Use an Android controller if available.
  • Workaround 3:
  1. Use an iOS controller to set up the product as normal until the factory reset error message appears.
  2. Install the controller on a Mac or Windows computer and connect to an existing system.
  3. Update the product using the Mac or Windows desktop controller.
  4. Resume and complete product setup on the iOS controller.

We are aware of this issue and are investigating.

Regarding the issue you are having with programming the remote, are you sure that you even need to? With your Beam connected to HDMI, the TV should be passing any volume change commands to the Beam via HDMI. Please ensure that CEC is turned on in your TV’s settings to facilitate this.

I hope this helps.