Trying to connect the Sonos Arc to Samsung Frame wirelessly

Have recently purchased the Sonos Arc and am trying to connect to my new Samsung Frame TV wirelessly. Have not been successful in doing so as yet. Tried via the firestick but that doesnt work either. Was sold this product on the pretext that everything can be connected through wifi… Please help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Hi.  You cannot do this I am afraid.  Your TV is incapable of sending anything to a Sonos Arc wirelessly.  Or to any other soundbar, for that matter.  If you believe you were told it would then you either misunderstood or were misinformed.

It can’t be done, all Sonos soundbars require a wired connection to the TV set. Depending on the device on either side, that’s either optical, ARc, or eARC. There is no device that Sonos makes that will wirelessly connect to a TV set of any make. 

Are there no workarounds like using Apple TV or something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Are there no workarounds like using Apple TV or something?

The obvious workaround is an HDMI cable. 

The I guess this was a bad decision… my Marshall’s connects to my fire stick in the projector and tv using Bluetooth… sad I liked the sound quality on this one.

The I guess this was a bad decision… my Marshall’s connects to my fire stick in the projector and tv using Bluetooth… sad I liked the sound quality on this one.

So a technology designed to carry stereo music works with speakers designed to play stereo music.  You have bought a television.  The Arc is designed to play multichannel audio in an AV context, including Dolby Atmos, via a wired HDMI connection.

The salesperson here sold the Arc to me on the pitch that this can be a “wireless” soundbar doubling up as a hub when paired with the sonos one and the bass module. My sole criteria for the purchase was “wireless”… having experienced the same with the Marshall via bluetooth before… Now since that is not possible with the arc I’m disappointed.

I can understand your being disappointed if the salesperson created expectations that could not be met. 

I am not sure what the salesperson could have meant by a "hub" in this context either. What were you hoping for?

Like all Sonos speakers,  the Arc can play music sources wirelessly. 

Yes that is what i was hoping for… I was planning to add the bass module and a couple of sonos one’s to the mix (in the same room) in order to create a home theatre like experience without having to connect them all through wires. I’m actually ok with the TV being connected to the ARC with a wire (though i might have to buy one that is longer than the one provided and any suggestions for that are welcome) but i cannot see how this will work with my projector which has just one HDMI port where i usually plug in the firestick...

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Disappointed with the sales person I presume?

Yes that is what i was hoping for… I was planning to add the bass module and a couple of sonos one’s to the mix (in the same room) in order to create a home theatre like experience without having to connect them all through wires. I’m actually ok with the TV being connected to the ARC with a wire (though i might have to buy one that is longer than the one provided and any suggestions for that are welcome) but i cannot see how this will work with my projector which has just one HDMI port where i usually plug in the firestick...

To clarify, when you bond Sonos speakers for rear surround and a sub, these speakers will communicate with the Sonos Arc wirelessly.  Only the Arc needs to be connected to the TV via an HDMI ARC connection.

Disappointed with the sales person I presume?

yes … also failing to inform that this doesn’t have bluetooth… :-( 

To clarify, when you bond Sonos speakers for rear surround and a sub, these speakers will communicate with the Sonos Arc wirelessly.  Only the Arc needs to be connected to the TV via an HDMI ARC connection.

And any way to connect this to a ceiling mounted projector - i have only one hdmi port in there where a firestick will go... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The only other option is using optical with the Sonos adaptor if your projector is equipped with an optical outlet. You’d lose Atmos, though.

https://www.sonos.com/shop/optical-audio-adapter?psafe_param=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAgaGgBhC8ARIsAAAyLfHn1P2XDyx1sK6h1WrlVLbIyGND2bCNKEt_7hCK1nUP7IPzrhUNZOgaAjPDEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds