Synchronized audio and video to multiple television sets

• 11 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I have several rooms in my house connected to my SONOS system. My TV room television is connected to a Playbar. I have added a TV in the kitchen and often would like to see and hear on the kitchen set the same content playing on the TV room set. If I add a Beam to the kitchen set would it be possible to synchronize streaming video and audio to both sets?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Each ‘room’ would be dependent on the audio feed from the TV set, and not ‘grouping’ from Sonos. If you can get a source to feed both TV sets simultaneously, you should be fine, but you wouldn’t be synchronizing via Sonos. 

Each ‘room’ would be dependent on the audio feed from the TV set, and not ‘grouping’ from Sonos. If you can get a source to feed both TV sets simultaneously, you should be fine, but you wouldn’t be synchronizing via Sonos. 

That’s mostly true. I have a setup with 4 Tvs that are playing in sync.  The main room has a Arc, with the kitchen having a small TV always on in sync. It’s an open concept place for main room and kitchen, so the kitchen does not need sound.  I also have two TVs outside connected to the same system, both with Sonos amps connected.  Because they are outside and lip sync isn’t as critical to me, I’ve adjusted the delays so the two amps play in sync whether they are grouped together for TV or playing their own TVs separately.  I would not do that for the main room as the lip sync issue would be a problem.

If your rooms are separated by enough walls and distance, I would just play them as ungrouped rooms and not worry any further.

So why do I have two TVs in the backyard?  Partly because of the somewhat odd shape of my backyard and partly because I can.