Answered

Surround sound keeps dropping today (era300s and sub)

• 9 January 2024
  • 1 reply

The app keeps prompting me that the 2 Era300s and Sub are disconnected from the surrounds for the Arc. However they are showing white light (connected) and I can still adjust volume from the era300s, but no sound comes from them. 

This has never happened before. I tried resetting the speakers, and resetting the wifi. But they still drop the minute it’s set up. 

is there some software issue? I didn’t change anything to the wifi today and none of other connected devices had issues. 

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 9 January 2024, 13:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Daaaaaved, welcome to the Sonos Community!

By reset, do you mean powering of your Era 300s and Sub or do you mean Factory Resetting? If the latter, I would advise against further resets as this will remove valuable diagnostics information that we can use.

Before any troubleshooting, I’d recommend making sure that you’re playing something that makes use of the surrounds. If you watch the news for example, it wont make use of the surrounds and Sub. If you use Netflix or Apple TV, then try some atmos content, otherwise an action movie on your regular channels should still give you 5.1 surround.

In the Sonos app, do the Era 300s and Sub show a red dot? What happens if you temporarily separate the Home Theatre setup and try to play directly to the Era 300s, does this allow you to play to them? While you haven’t changed anything on your Wi-Fi, there is always a chance that something has automatically changed on your network or an issue that was always present but mild has become worse.

After checking the above, I would recommend you check our support article regarding our system requirements. If you have any unsupported networking equipment that is listed on that page, then power it off and test use your Sonos system again. 

You’ll also want to make sure your system isn’t suffering from wireless interference. Move any sources of interference listed on our article further from Sonos and make sure other electronic devices are at least half a meter away from your Speakers. 

I hope this information helps!