Answered

Suitable clearances for sonos beam recessed into wall cavity

• 5 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone had much experience with recessing a Sonos beam gen1 into a wall cavity? I know it has side speakers which would be impacted but is there a level of clearance I can give them in the wall cavity for them to be less hampered? Also I have two Sonos 1’s, could I use these as front sides to negate the impact of the potentially hampered side speakers of the beam?? Will truplay tuning potentially get around some these issues?

Thanks in advance for your help.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 October 2021, 15:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

From Sonos:

Place on a credenza

• Place horizontally on a stable and level surface at least 2" (50mm) from the TV.

• Don’t place vertically or on its side.

• Don’t block the TV’s IR sensor.

• If put on a shelf, place at the front and keep 2" (minimum) clearance on both sides for best sound quality. 

• Keep 1" (25mm) space (minimum) above Beam so you can reach the touch controls. 

• For best sound quality, keep both ends of Beam at least 1' (30cm) from a wall or other obstruction.

Wall mount guidelines

• Use the Beam wall mount kit. You can buy it on www.sonos.com. Follow the instructions in the kit.

• Keep 1" (25mm) space (minimum) above Beam so you can reach the touch controls. 

• If you’re mounting above the TV, make sure you can reach the touch controls. 

• For best sound quality, keep both ends of Beam at least 1' (30cm) from a wall or other obstruction.

Trueplay will definitely optimize the sound but don’t expect miracles from Trueplay if the drivers of the Beam are being obstructed by a wall.

You cannot add more front speakers to the Beam. The Beam alone already acts as the center, front left, and front right channels. You can only add up to two Subs and two surround speakers for a 5.1 setup.

You could add two speakers to the front as a separate zone and group the two zones in the Sonos app, but you will experience a slight audio delay from the Ones when listening to TV audio.