Answered

Sub Mini wont stay connected (Playbar)

• 10 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I have Playbar and just purchased a sub mini to pair with it.  System is using SonosNET.

I successfully connected the sub to the network, updated the software and paired it with the playbar.  Unfortunately very shortly thereafter, the sub seems to have dropped from the network.  In the system setting section it shows as Playbar (+?) rather than Playbar (+sub).  If I restart the sub, it seems to connect briefly but as soon as I try playing sound from the TV, it drops again.

I have tried 3 factory resets and moving the sub to different locations with similar results.  In one case, I was able to get music to play from Spotify through the Playbar which engaged the sub briefly but it eventually dropped again.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance,

Kevin 

icon

Best answer by Kevin Whan 12 October 2022, 14:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I hope you haven’t disabled the ‘WiFi’ on the Playbar. If so re-enable it. 

It could be 5GHz interference. Is either unit close to another wireless network device? 

If there’s no obvious cause your best bet is to submit diagnostics before and after the Mini drops, then contact Sonos support. 

Thanks… Playbar is not on ethernet so no reason to disable wi-fi… but double checked anyway.

Thought it might have been wi-fi interference but have moved the sub throughout the room and no change.  Will try a few other things when I get time and then follow your suggestion of sending the diagnostics to Sonos support.

Appreciate the suggestions!

KW 

For what it’s worth, there’s almost never a reason to turn off wifi on any of the Sonos home theater products, since they communicate with both the Sub and Surrounds via their built in Wifi…..but as it is an option in the client (bad, bad, bad), it should be double checked. I’d be tempted to turn it off, and turn it back on, just as a safety measure, but then I’m known to be a bit looney when it comes to electronics :)

Thanks All,

For the record, this does seem to have been interference related. I seem to have been able to resolve it by changing the channel of both my router and SonosNET.  Been ok for 24 hours now.  Hopefully it will stick.

KW