Answered

Sub Connected but no sound

• 3 April 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi. my Sonos shows Family Room (+Sub), but no sound is coming from the Sub. I have been troubleshooting this for days. Forced Sonos speakers to be on the 2.4GHZ bandwidth by renaming a dual band router, made each speaker have its own DHCP reservation on my router, tried hardwiring an ethernet cable to the playbar. Under Advanced Settings / About My Sonos, It shows both Playbar and Sub, but it states "Warning: Your wireless network will not support the use of a Sub or surrounds with your Playbar". It worked perfectly for 2 weeks when all new, but have been having a lot of troubles getting it to all work smoothly again. The playbar kept losing its connection, but i think I got that sorted at least. Please help!!, as this is getting very frustrating for such an expensive sound system.
Thanks,
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 April 2019, 06:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Three quick suggestions.

First, reboot your router.

Second, look in "About My Sonos System" for the line under PLAYBAR that says Line-In, and tell us what that says.

Finally, submit a system diagnostic, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic about your particular setup that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Thanks Airgetlam,
I had rebooted the router and re-powered the speakers several times during my previous process of changes/revisions mentioned above, but had forgot to reboot the router one last time after my final revision.
That solved it.The Bass is back!
Thanks,
Outstanding. Enjoy!
Airgetlam,
that only worked for a short while, it went back out. Here is my diagnostic number: 1299737234. Please Help
I am not a Sonos employee, so I can’t review your diagnostic. Hopefully, someone will be along shortly to review it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
The diagnostic report you submitted is showing that Sonos detects an incompatible extender. Seems like we are going to need a bit more information about your specific local network to get Sonos working properly. Please check out this article to see if your network hardware has a workaround.

If you're still having trouble, reaching out to our support technicians may be a good idea. They can set up a remote session and have a look at the network in real time.