splitting earc from tv to two sonos Arcs

• 9 March 2024
  • 4 replies

I have two tvs side by side, each one has its own apple tv going into tv via hdmi and its own arc mounted below it fed from each tvs earc. Is it possible to put a hdmi switcher (2 in 2 out) between both tvs earc feeds and the two sonos arcs so that i can jump back and forth between the two different audio feeds from what each apple tv is playing to send to both soundbars hopefully maintaining volume control levels of each soundbar via the apple tv remote?

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

Are you saying you want to share the audio from either TV with the other via the target TV’s Arc? If so I believe you’d be governed by the same 75ms audio delay associated with TV source audio. However, even if possible I fail to understand why?

Furthermore each AppleTV remote is “bonded” (to use a Sonos term) to the box it’s programed to during setup. I have three (3) AppleTV’s and neither remote is interchangeable with another AppleTV box.

However, if I’ve missed the point of your post please explain.🤔

eARC does not directly support this sort of scheme. My suggestion is to split each AppleTV to both TVs.

After doing some more research I know that the eARC signal from each tv cannot be split to feed both soundbars simultaneously. I am going to try using the optical to hdmi adapter that came with the soundbar and try programming the apple tv remote to run volume control of the soundbar via ir in hopes that when the two soundbars are grouped, playing audio from one apple tv or the other, whichever remote is used both soundbars will receive the ir signal to control volume, will update with the results.

Update- using optical to hdmi adapter from tv to soundbar and programming appletv remote to arc soundbar via ir did work!