Answered

speaker stand info for Era 300

• 8 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Does anyone know if the Era 300 speaker stands as advertised at present have carpet spikes included on the base plate? There is no details on the website.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 8 March 2023, 17:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

No. The stands only include this:

• 1 stand base
  • 1 stand pole
  • 1 speaker platform
  • 1 stand pole cap
  • Mounting kit with 4 screws (2 long, 2 short), 1 washer

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/guides/era300

I note that the Sanus stands made for the Era 300 do show spikes on the Sanus website. I would be somewhat surprised if the Sonos sold stands don’t include this feature as well, even if it isn’t called out (yet). 

It appears the Sonos floor stands for the Era 300’s do not include carpet spikes, only rubber feet, which is a great pity. Not sure why Sonos did not include this option?

Not sure either, but then I don’t work for Sonos. That would probably lead me to going elsewhere for stands, such as the Sanus site I’ve already mentioned. Most Best Buys carry Sanus as well, if you want to try a local. merchant. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I learned how unstable a heavy speaker on a tall stand can be when sitting on carpet with no spikes to reach down to the hard floor.

Didn’t notice any sound issues when listening but the crash when it went over when bumped was expensive.

I think you can get a flat base with carpet spikes you can then set your non-spiked stand on but that wouldn’t be my first choice. Non-spiked on carpet is off the table though.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello Stanley, I read your post with interest and admit this is something I’d not thought of 😢 were you able to find suitable stands and a base? If you did originally purchase the Sonos stands and replaced the base it was an expensive purchase for effectively a piece of tube 😢 could you please…1.  Kindly help with details 2. Are the Sonos stands that unstable?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d try the Sonos stands and see how you feel, then check to see if you can get the Sanus spikes and if they will fit as a first step.

My tipping issue was with non-Sonos speakers but finding spiked bases was easy, today it looks like add-on spikes for your existing stands is far more popular.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=spike+speaker+bases&crid=GA2ZXXLGRMS&sprefix=spike+speaker+bases%2Caps%2C151&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Stability is a combination of several things, speaker size and weight, stand height and base size and likely the most critical carpet thickness. A thick carpet on a thick pad is very unstable without spikes, thin foam backed carpet isn’t unstable at all.

I’d look at some of the stick-on spikes at that link, you need something that will compress the carpet and pad enough to reach the hard floor and just tall enough to keep the original base lightly touching or just above the carpet. These look about right.

https://www.amazon.com/Xirhhur-Speaker-Spikes-Protectors-Gold/dp/B09QGB2HYC/ref=sr_1_96_sspa?th=1

Userlevel 2
Badge

Have the Era 300 stands and they seem pretty stable to me, the base is quite hefty. All 4 screws were same length in the pack, which had me puzzled at first but they all fitted ok