Skip to main content

Soundbar to Amp connection

• 24 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I have 2 Sonos amps that power outside speakers in my backyard. I am trying to find a way to connect wirelessly between an outdoor TV and the outdoor speakers. If I add a Sonos sound bar of some type can I pair the sound bar to the amps to Allow all speakers to play what is on the TV?

4 replies

Userlevel 7

You might consider adding an Apple TV 4K to the TV and using AirPlay to play TV audio to the two grouped Amps in the Sonos app. A sound bar option would likely result in delay and sync issues.

You can ‘group’ the two (or more) rooms, but as suggested by @GuitarSuperstar, the non-soundbar ‘rooms’ would be delayed by 75ms from the soundbar’s room. 

You might consider adding an Apple TV 4K to the TV and using AirPlay to play TV audio to the two grouped Amps in the Sonos app. A sound bar option would likely result in delay and sync issues.

Didn't know that was possible! Thank you. Could you also use Google 4k TV to accomplish the same?

Userlevel 7

Didn't know that was possible! Thank you. Could you also use Google 4k TV to accomplish the same?

Chromecast doesn’t support AirPlay.