• 9 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Setup:

• LG Oled B8 65
  • 2x Sonos Play:1
  • 1x Sonos Sub
  • 1x Sonos Arc

Hi,

My Arc is connected to the TV via HDMI Arc. All devices are connected to my router via wifi.

The sound works fine with music, but when watching Movies on Netflix, Amazon Prime or from my Plex Server (with the tv apps and a shield tv) the sound drops out for some milliseconds and gets back afterwards. I guess it’s a problem with 5.1 sources?

This happens quiete often and is really annoying. Is there something I can do to fix this?

My diagnose id: 45732140.

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @iam1337, thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for bringing this concern to us and for submitting the diagnostic. Let me help you out.

The diagnostic that you provided shows that your Sonos having audio dropouts due to sync errors and interference in the Sonos Network. Performing the recommended steps is necessary to address the issue and keep us posted.

A sequential reboot means that we need to do this in order.
1. Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
2. Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
3. Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
4. When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.

If there's no improvement in the system after performing the troubleshooting steps, please proceed to the next steps below:

1. Unplug the HDMI cable from the Sonos Arc and the LG TV. 
2. Unplug the power cable from your LG TV, the Sonos Arc, and any connected audio source (such as a cable box or video game console). Wait 30 seconds before you plug them back in.
2. Reconnect the HDMI cable to your LG TV and the Sonos Arc. Inspect the HDMI cable to ensure it’s not bent or kinked and check to see that it’s fully inserted into both devices.
3. Update the TV’s software (if available)
4. Disable eARC on the LG TV.
5. Adjust the group audio delay. Settings > System > Tap your Sonos Beam > Group Audio Delay and then choose a delay option.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and run another diagnostic report. Kindly include the confirmation number in your response for us to check. 

If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.