Sony TV won’t switch on after unplugging Sonos Beam

• 22 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

In the process of moving house and packing bit by bit and I have come across an issue with my Sony TV (KD-49XE9005). I have a Sonos Beam that produced the sound for it and after having packed the Sonos away my TV won’t switch on, via remote or buttons on the TV and I have tried a 5 second power button reset - nothing.

The TV worked just prior the unplugging and everything else is as it was previously which is just the power. The Beam was connected via the ARC.

I've tried plugging the Beam back in as well as changing the fuse in my power socket and still nothing. Anybody have any other ideas or know what the problem is? 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Unamused56 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

It sounds like you’ve maybe dislodged the TV’s power cable from the TV when removing the Beam. There is no reason why the lack of Beam alone would produce the result you describe.

I take it this is all before packing away the TV? If not, the TV may have been damaged in transit. Did you turn the TV off before disconnecting the Beam?

I recommend that you get in touch with Sony for support as it’s their product that seems to be failing.

Hi @Corry P 

Thanks for the reply.

I think it is something to do with the TV to be fair now I’ve explored it a bit more but it is very coincidental.

The TV is still on the wall currently and has power. The best I’ve got so far is a forced resetting by holding the power and volume down buttons on the TV whilst unplugging, waiting a minute and plugging he TV back in which gets the power light to go solid green, then the screen is meant to come on twice prior to resetting but the screen doesn’t come on.

There must be a fix to this that I’m missing but information on my TV model seems sparse.

Sony Support is next port of call now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Unamused56 

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I concur - seems more like a coincidental occurrence than cause and effect. I definitely recommend calling Sony. Best of luck!