Skip to main content

Hi

I have recently bought a Sonos Arc and a Sony XG950 (KD75XG9505BU), and I cannot get any sound through the Sonos Arc.

I have seen people comment on Atmos problems, and cutting out, but I am getting nothing!

After the first failure, and several attempts at changing settings in the TV, I have now removed all HDMI inputs, factory reset both TV and Arc; Started TV, Started Arc, installed HDMI cable, and still nothing.

I can see that the Arc is “recognising” the TV. The app shows TV input, but no sound.

(The TV is of course set to Audio System for audio out).

I have tried setting up the TV using the app, and it gets to stage 2 - after recognising the eArc connection it then during the “Test connection” stage, the error message is “Audio System not connected”.

I have tried all options on the Sony TV audio out menu… changing to bitstream, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus… 

I have tried with different HDMI inputs, as well as the in-built apps.

And I have now tried everything on a different HDMI cable. 

Of course Sonos may say this is a Sony problem; and Sony may point to Sonos. Right now I don’t know!

I have no clue why this isn’t working, and I’m going crazy.

Thanks for any guidance, advice, or tips you can give me - and I’m just hoping someone reads this who can spot the obvious thing to do to fix this.

Thanks

DH

Hi @Hendo25.

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed post, let me help and try to figure this out.

Kindly reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will also help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Same issue here with my Sony XG95...no sound from time to time. Diagnostic 299658024. Very annoying to reboot both sonos and tv every few days....

Many thanks for your reply @Annazel S , I have now got this working.

I don’t know what I was doing wrong at first, but another complete reset, got me working. I do seem to have to reconnect to the Sonos Arc if I add any new HDMI device to the TV - that is I have to disconnect the arc, power cycle TV, re-connect the arc, and then all seems ok again.

Anyway - for now, I am working! 

Thanks

Hi @Hendo25.

We highly appreciate your time and effort in providing us the steps you did to fix the issue.

This is going to be helpful to those community members that might encounter the same concern.

I am looking forward to a continuous smooth sailing of your system.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out, we are always here to help.

All the best!

Hi @raf-zone.

Thanks for reaching out and for your effort in submitting the diagnostic.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, the system detected that the WiFi interface on your Sonos player(s) is disabled.

Did you intentionally disable it?

I see that the Sub is hardwired and that is not a recommended home theater configuration.

Can you try to enable the Wifi on the Sub and remove the ethernet cable in order to wirelessly connect to the home theater master (Arc). 

• In the Sonos app, tap the Settings tab and select System.
  • Tap the name of the room, then tap the model of the speaker under Products.
  • From here, you can choose to Enable WiFi.
  • The app will show which is currently selected with a checkmark.

You may also try the suggested fix from @Hendo25’s post above and see if that will work for you as well.

If the issue still persists, please submit a new diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number so I can check further and see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Hi Annazel

thanks for instructions. I have removed ethernet cable from the Sub and enabled WiFi. My Arc is still connected to net via ethernet cable and has WiFi enabled. Is it recommended to remove ethernet cable from Arc as well?  New diagnostic number: 1927520250

Thanks

Raf

Hi @raf-zone.

Thanks for your response and update.

Sonos can be configured in either a wireless or wired setup. You can use a wireless setup if you have a strong WiFi connection that reaches all the Sonos products, if not, then I suggest keeping a wired setup wherein your Arc is directly connected to the router with an Ethernet cable to create a dedicated wireless network (SonosNet) specifically for your Sonos system. 

Are you still experiencing an audio issue? If yes, please submit a new diagnostic report, and reply with the confirmation number so I can review your system further and see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.