Answered

Sonos surround stopped working

• 24 July 2022
  • 3 replies

I have had Sonos Beam plus 2 One SLs setup and working for a few months now and it was working beautifully playing music and TV. 

However it has suddenly stopped playing any sound through the surround speakers. The strange thing is I can control the volume from the Beam using the touch controls of the One SL but no sound comes out of them. I have checked everything and have even reset everything and set it all up again but issue persists.

I can remove the surrounds and add them as a separate stereo pair and the play music fine - just not when as surrounds. If I remove them and try and re-add them I get an Oops! message after quite a long time trying. If I then cancel the setup the surrounds seem to have been added but again, they don’t emit any sound.

Really confused as my system was working fine.

Any help greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 24 July 2022, 22:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I appears you may have turned off WiFi on the Beam.  Regardless if the Beam is connected via Ethernet or not, the WiFi has to be turned on in order to connect to the surrounds.

Nope...definitely haven’t turned off Beam wifi. As I said, I can control the volume of the beam from the touch controls of the One SL.

Also, wifi can’t be turned off unless an ethernet cable is attached which it isn’t.

Strange, the symptoms are just as if WiFi was off.  I'd contact Sonos support tomorrow.