Sonos setup

• 19 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi…

We have 6 Sonos Sl ...3 in the living room and 3 in the basement….They are alle set up to our wifi router

in the livingroom..But the sound keeps on dropping out in the basement…?

I have bought a TP Link RE 450 extender to place in the basement..My question are :

Is Sonos linked to my main router (it seems that way).?

How can I connect my 3 Sonos in the Basement to the 450 extender..? and still playing the same music

as in the livingroom where the 3 other Sonos are connected to the main wifi router

Kind Regards

Nadeem

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Are any of your SONOS units wired to the router or the RE 450?

No...But I can run a cable from my router to the basement…

I’m anal about wiring. In my opinion wired is always faster and more reliable than wireless.

Your best plan would be to wire the RE 450 and locate it in the basement.

See the manual on page 22.

You are so right..Wired is the way..:-)

So if I wire my re 450 that would solve it..?

I expect that wiring will solve the issue, but I have no experience with the 450. There are occasional reports of other extenders and mesh points that mess with things, blocking SONOS.

You may have some success with relocating the wireless 450. I recently had an experience with another manufacturer’s mesh point where moving it about six feet resulted in a dramatic improvement.

Since you can, wire regardless of the move experiment outcome.