Answered

Sonos ray as an SPDIF audio Optical input receiver for the rest of my sonos speakers ?

• 28 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello ! I own a sonos one at the moment.

I am planning on buying a sonos Ray for my PC set up. I will be able to connect the ray soundbar to my pc through a tosslink optical cable streaming that way my computer sound.

My question however is the following :

Will I be able to pair my sonos ray to my sonos one and therefore listen to local file music being played on my PC on my sonos one through the sonos ray ?

icon

Best answer by controlav 28 May 2023, 14:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You can Group your One with the Beam, yes, and it will play your PC output.

You cannot Pair a One ( as a surround speaker), that requires a pair of Ones.

Mind you, if you are just playing music files from your PC you can do that without the Beam, just enable local library and the One can play them directly.

Ok thanks a lot for your response ! 

Wow I learned something I thought playing local file would not work since on the mobile phone the functionality has been disabled.

It works great.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Ok thanks a lot for your response ! 

Wow I learned something I thought playing local file would not work since on the mobile phone the functionality has been disabled.

It works great.

PCs are great at running servers to share music files. Phones are terrible at that, so that’s one of the reasons the feature has been removed.