Sonos + projector wireless

• 13 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I would like to equip my home theater with sonos system, but I wonder if it is possible in my configuration.

I have a sofa that is in front of a bay window, so I do not want to have a television in front of this window. That's why I opted for a projector with a retractable screen on the ceiling. The projector is above the sofa. I would like to have a soundbar that I move in front of the window (under the screen) when I want to watch a movie and 2 Sonos ones on the sides, as well as a subwoofer. However, it would not be practical to have to pull a very long HDMI cable from the projector to the soundbar.

Is there a way to make this entire system work over wifi with the projector sound?

Is there a simpler way than having to place the soundbar under the screen each time it is used?

The projector is an EH-TW7000, I already have a Sonos play:1.

Cheers :-)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Is there a way to make this entire system work over wifi with the projector sound?

No, not easily, but there are some wireless HDMI receiver/transceivers out there that could be used.  A lot depends on the audio video quality you want, whether your source (streaming box, cable, etc) is located near the projector, near the soundbar location, or elsewhere.  Your best bet is to research HDMI wireless

Is there a simpler way than having to place the soundbar under the screen each time it is used?

The sound from the front channel speakers should come from the front near your screen.  You can probably get creative/expensive and have the soundbar lower from the ceiling along with your screen.  If you can do that though, you can likely wire the projector or source to the soundbar.

Where is your source equipment located?

Thank you for your answers Danny !

No, not easily, but there are some wireless HDMI receiver/transceivers out there that could be used.  A lot depends on the audio video quality you want, whether your source (streaming box, cable, etc) is located near the projector, near the soundbar location, or elsewhere.  Your best bet is to research HDMI wireless

Yeah it’s a bit complicated to have the soundbar with wireless HDMI…

Do I have to use a “HDfury 4K Arcana 18Gbps” to connect a sonos soundbar with a projector ?

I could maybe manage to have a long HDMI cable...🤓

The sound from the front channel speakers should come from the front near your screen.  You can probably get creative/expensive and have the soundbar lower from the ceiling along with your screen.  If you can do that though, you can likely wire the projector or source to the soundbar.

About the speaker in the front, I think it is easier to move it every time I would like to watch a movie… If not I’ve to go around all the room.

Is it a great setup to have a beam in the front, 1x play:1 and 1x one Sl in the back ? 😀 

Where is your source equipment located?

Back left 

Is it a great setup to have a beam in the front, 1x play:1 and 1x one Sl in the back ? 😀 

Surrounds need to be like models.  You can use a One and a One SL, you cannot use a One (SL) and a Play:1.  Note, there is no real advantage to using Ones as surrounds with a Beam/Ray/Arc, because the mics are disabled.  Use One SLs. 

Yeah it’s a bit complicated to have the soundbar with wireless HDMI…

Do I have to use a “HDfury 4K Arcana 18Gbps” to connect a sonos soundbar with a projector ?

I could maybe manage to have a long HDMI cable...🤓

That depends on which soundbar you use.  The Arc and Beam use HDMI ARC/eARC or optical with adpater.  The Ray is optical only.  Optical will only give you 5.1 audio, no atmos.  Some projectors are HDMI-ARC capable, I did not check your particular projector.  If your projector does not have HDMI-ARC or optical, then you can use an Arcana or similar prodict between your source and projector.  If you don’t care about atmos and good with an optical connection, you can get an optical extractor for much cheaper.

About the speaker in the front, I think it is easier to move it every time I would like to watch a movie… If not I’ve to go around all the room.

The whole thing sounds like a PITA to me. I get you already have the projector, but it would been easier just to have a TV with sound bar attached on a rolling cart.  Just roll the cart where you want it, plug in and go.  When you’re done, roll the cart to where ever you want to store it.