Answered

Sonos ones Stereo tv

• 18 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Could I connect the Sonos Amp with the HDMI Arc or Sonos port via RCA and have the amp send sound to the Sonos ones in stereo? And I’m the same fashion can I do this with fives?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 January 2023, 00:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Would you be connecting passive speakers to the Amp?

You can connect the Sonos Amp by HDMI Arc and group Ones/Fives to the Amp for them to play in stereo.

There is a delay of 75ms on grouped rooms for tv audio, but if the rooms are not in close proximity the delay isn’t an issue.

However, do you still have the Sonos Arc?

If you do, you can just group Ones/Fives with the Arc for them to play tv audio in stereo. No need for the Amp unless you require tv audio from a different tv?! Also a cheaper option than a Sonos Amp, would be another Sonos Soundbar instead.

If you are just looking to play music in stereo on the Ones/Fives then they are all you need.

Essentially, no, you can’t really use Sonos Ones in stereo connected to your TV. Sonos has three soundbars that are designed to be connected to your TV, the Ray, the Beam, and the Arc. 

Would you be connecting passive speakers to the Amp?

You can connect the Sonos Amp by HDMI Arc and group Ones/Fives to the Amp for them to play in stereo.

There is a delay of 75ms on grouped rooms for tv audio, but if the rooms are not in close proximity the delay isn’t an issue.

However, do you still have the Sonos Arc?

If you do, you can just group Ones/Fives with the Arc for them to play tv audio in stereo. No need for the Amp unless you require tv audio from a different tv?! Also a cheaper option than a Sonos Amp, would be another Sonos Soundbar instead.

If you are just looking to play music in stereo on the Ones/Fives then they are all you need.

So I’m working on a project and due to aesthetic, but also wire run limitations we are wanting to speakers on either side of the tv. In this case because the rest of the house is Sonos I wanted to keep it together.

So scenario: tv is above a fireplace and on each side there are built in shelves. On the right side we have a wire run location to the tv with power. On the left we do not we only have power. 

so my “solution”: have a Sonos amp(or port) gather the audio data from the ARC connection and group 2 Sonos ones or SLs and have them I stereo for FL FR.

Essentially, no, you can’t really use Sonos Ones in stereo connected to your TV. Sonos has three soundbars that are designed to be connected to your TV, the Ray, the Beam, and the Arc. 

Yeah I’d love to use them but my client doesn’t like/want anything under the tv. So I’m looking at an alternative to stay Sonos but get stereo L R for her

Yeah I’d love to use them but my client doesn’t like/want anything under the tv. So I’m looking at an alternative to stay Sonos but get stereo L R for her

the only Sonos solution for that is using an Amp, with third party speakers. The TV’s ARC would connect to the Amp direclty, and then the output would be from the wired speakers. There is no way to “send” the TV’s signal to a pair of Sonos speakers. Well, without an unsatisfactory delay, causing lipsync issues, that is. 

the only Sonos solution for that is using an Amp, with third party speakers. The TV’s ARC would connect to the Amp direclty, and then the output would be from the wired speakers. There is no way to “send” the TV’s signal to a pair of Sonos speakers. Well, without an unsatisfactory delay, causing lipsync issues, that is. 

Yeah that was my biggest worry. Thank you both for your input and helping me with this question!! I appreciate it!