Answered

Sonos Era 300 placement for surround

• 2 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello all!

I need some advice please.

What do you think is the most convenient way to install the Era 300 for my situation? I have both Era 300 on a stand.

I hesitate to place the Era 300 at #1 or #2.

I like to listen to music during the day, especially when I'm at work. I work from the dining table. In the evening I like to watch a serie or movie.

For listing to music #1 is possible since I turn the Era 300 towards the dining table while working and turn it back towards the couch in the evening. However, I don't think the sound in the room really sounds full and that music from position #2 sounds better.

But does the Era 300 still provide sufficient surround support from position 2? Does it matter that the distance of the Era in the top corner is a lot shorter to the sofa then the other Era 300 when I place it at postion #2?

The distance between #2 and the sofa is about 4 meters / 13 ft

I am curious about your advice.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 3 November 2023, 04:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d say place the 300s for optimum TV sound and add a stereo pair positioned to work for sitting at the table, or a Five if you can’t find pots for the pair.