Answered

Sonos Beam Surround w/ 2 Ones keeps cutting out

• 19 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello World and Sonos Teams,

Just moved from one home to another, same set up as below. Everything worked at the old house, but not new house. 

I have Sonos Beam and 4 Ones (with Alexa)

Beam and 2 Sonos Ones are set up as Surround (LS + RS)

I have Google Router/Mesh - 4 pods. Main pod router is connected in basement. Wifi in the house is great. 2nd pod is in living room and ethernet connected to Samsung TV. Beam is then connected to TV via HDMI in the arc allowed port. TV plays fine through beam and surround. Nothing cuts out. 

I then play Spotify via the Beam and Ones and it cuts out and sometimes skips to a different song. Why is this happening? Only when I play music not TV.

Thanks!

J

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 19 January 2024, 21:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Start here

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/improve-your-sonos-products-wifi-connection

Thanks. While these may help it did not resolve the issue. It only happens when playing music services. Hopefully time tells. But agree it has to be internet based. Wished I waited to buy So os until all bluetooth even though bluetooth is not healthy (?) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can always wait for the problem, capture a diagnostic and call Sonos Support to have them look at why things are going wrong.

Yea. It happened again last night. It stops for 10-20 seconds, then plays. Then does it again. Then again, but then will skip to the next song. Did not happen at my old place. I will see what I can capture when it happens. Thanks!