Answered

Sonos Beam random disconnects

• 4 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi.

I have a Sonos Beam (1st gen I believe) with a pair of Play:1 connected to a LG C3 OLED TV used mainly for gaming (PS5).

It happens almost every day, that I get a sudden screen blank, and a message that the soundbar disconnected. 

I’ve collected a diagnostic: **********

Thanks in advance!

Moderator edit: diagnostic recorded and removed

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 March 2024, 18:23

View original

5 replies

Now that you’ve gathered a diagnostic, you should call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I’d be sure to update the software on the TV and Sonos, and reboot them both by unplugging them from power for two minutes, too.

Hi, did you get this fixed? I have the same issue, everyday the Beam (gen 2) disconnects from my Samsung TV regardless of how many times I follow the TV set up. Both Beam and TV are up to date with software. 

really starting to grind on me having to plug and set this up every time I turn on the TV.

Hi, did you get this fixed? I have the same issue, everyday the Beam (gen 2) disconnects from my Samsung TV regardless of how many times I follow the TV set up. Both Beam and TV are up to date with software. 

really starting to grind on me having to plug and set this up every time I turn on the TV.

What type of connection are you using between the TV and spraker, HDMI-ARC, HDMI-aARC, or Optical? 

What type of connection are you using between the TV and spraker, HDMI-ARC, HDMI-aARC, or Optical? 

I’m using the HDMI ARC which I don’t want to switch from for sound quality (optical). I’ve gone through multiple settings in my TV and nothing seems to fix this. 

Sonos need to sort their #### out otherwise I’ll be sacking the whole system off. 

Any tips/fixes would be appreciated! 

I’m using the HDMI ARC which I don’t want to switch from for sound quality (optical). I’ve gone through multiple settings in my TV and nothing seems to fix this. 

Sonos need to sort their #### out otherwise I’ll be sacking the whole system off. 

Any tips/fixes would be appreciated! 

Is the TV software capable of both eARC, aswell as ARC? If so, try both those audio settings and (if not done already) set the ‘Digital Sound Out’ audio to pass-through the ARC/eARC port.

Another quick thing that may help, is to switch off the CEC protocol on any ‘other’ A/V HDMI connected devices and when done, power off ALL, including the TV and Soundbar, wait for their circuitry to drain and power all on again, starting with the TV, then the soundbar etc.

Note: Ensure you do not switch off AnyNet+ on the TV, as that’s required for the soundbar connection, even though you will be switching off CEC on the other A/V connected devices.

I hope those few suggestions help to resolve the matter.