Answered

Sonos beam only works with Netflix

• 2 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello everyone.  I purchased a sonos bean gen 2 only 3 months ago and suddenly the speaker stopped working with the TV and only works when I watch Netflix or Amazon Prime.  No sound comes out if I'm using any of the tvs apps I even tried connecting a laptop via HDMI but nothing.  I reset the speaker and reinstalled it but the problem remains.

Any idea how to fix this before I send it back and ask for a warranty replacement?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 13 September 2023, 17:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

It sounds like a TV problem. Are the Netflix and Amazon Prime running on the TV or on a separate device?

Thank you ratty. Both run through the tv, both apps were already installed. The speaker worked fine up until yesterday...

Did anything change recently?

Have you tried a simple power-off/power-on, on both the TV and Beam? I mean a total power-off, for at least 30 seconds. Not standby.

If this is a Samsung TV, power down for at least two minutes.

While powered down, disconnect the HDMI cable and reconnect after both units have finished their reboot.

Thank you buzz and ratty. It is a Samsung TV. I tried powering off both the sonos and TV for more than 2 min, removed the hdmi cable and reset it again but no luck. Maybe I'll try reseting the TV to factory settings...

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Bergos 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

We have had multiple reports from Samsung TV owners that a recent Samsung software update prevents Dolby Digital + sound from working on external sound devices - it’s possible that this is affecting you.

We are currently seeking more information regarding this issue, so if you can find the time, we’d appreciate it if you could get in touch with our technical support team for some information gathering. Please do not expect an immediate resolution when you call - though I understand this may make you more reticent to call at all, the more people that assist with this, the quicker we can relay the information to Samsung in aid of coming to a resolution.