Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Beam has ceased to connect to audio from Sony TV

• 14 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi

I’ve had a BEAM for about 10 months and it has been working just fine, as both TV Soundbar and music speaker.

Yesterday I noticed when I turned the TV on that the sound was coming from the TV, not the Beam.  I looked at the Sonos iOS App and it confirmed the Beam wasn’t playing the TV sound.

So I went into setup and selected ‘TV Setup’, confirmed ‘Continue’ and the app reported “X HDMI” and “√ HDMI ARC”. This boded well. I clicked “Connected to ARC”. The app responded with Connecting but then came back with “A device is interfering with the HDMI Connection. Disconnect any other home theatre products, then try again.”  

I have no other Home Theatre products to disconnect.

I have discocnected the Beam from the TV, switched both off for about 15 minutes then powered both back up and reconnected the HMDMI ARC cable. 

Same result: the TV sound does not come from there Beam if I select it as an output.

If, however, I disconnect the other HDMIs (Virgin Box & DVD) the Beam works. But only for a while. It seems to drop back to a not connected overnight state - which is just very unhelpful.

Can you offer some advice please about how to get this installation working properly once more.

Thanks

TJ

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MITCHETJUK 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

You mentioned switching the TV off - did you remove power from it completely, rather that switch it off with the remote? If not, please try this - it can make all the difference.

If you still have issues after that, please try reversing the cable (put the TV end into the Beam, and vice versa) and if that doesn’t help, please also try another cable.

Finally, if it’s still not working , I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.