Skip to main content

Hi

I have a Sonos Beam Gen2, it is connec using HDMI ARC to my Samsung 65”. It has been working perfect for 1 year.

The last month it suddently stop playing sound from the Samsung TV. The LED on the Sonos turns red.
When i restart both Sonos and TV it can play again but often stops after 15-20 minutes again.

I have tried:

• Chaning HDMI cable
  • Factory reset Beam Gen2
  • Checked for newer firmware on both Beam Gen2 and TV. No newer software

Any suggestions on what to do or is it a softare/hardware error on the Beam Gen2? It is still under warranty,

Please let me know what is best to do

Factory resets are generally a bad idea, at best, they will obfuscate, not fix problems. They should only be done when instructed by Sonos personnel or when selling / disposing the unit. 

Have you looked at the the LED states FAQ? That might provide you some guidance on where to go next. I’d certainly try two things, first, unplug the TV from the wall for two minutes, to reset it’s OS, but more importantly, I’d try a network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power then rebooting the router. Wait a couple of minutes for the router to settle down, then plug back in all Sonos devices. 

Hi

Thanks for reply, but.

Factory resets are normally good as a troubleshooting option and step, i have been in IT/Technical area in 20 years. Regarding LED status, yes i have checked the LED status, but as you can read in the link you sent its very generic and has no answer to my error/issue. TV and Sonos has been been turned off and without power. It has nothing to do with the router or other Sonos product as the Beam Gen2 in my setup is a stand-alone setup just with the HDMI (ARC) cable to the Samsung TV.

While I tend to agree that factory resets often help in other tech areas, I tend to think they’re not a good practice in the Sonos world, but as always, you’re the best judge of what works for you. I just hate the fact that a factory reset erases all data that might assist Sonos in helping figure out what the real issue is, and more often than not, doesn’t really fix many issues, at best, just covers some up. 

As you’re continuing to have issues, I’d suggest that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

I have a Sonos Arc connected to a Vizio on HDMI (ARC) port and a Xfinity X1 cable box on non-ARC Hdmi for years, but recently cable box started conflicting even with setting CEC off on X1.  ARC sound would work normally if tv/arc turn on with cable box HDMI unplugged then plug it in.  The solution was to add a HDMI F/M CEC Less adapter on cable box HDMI at tv.