Answered

Sonos beam gen 2 sound connectivity issues with Samsung QE55Q80

• 19 October 2023
  • 31 replies

Badge

I am connected to sonos beam gen 2 and two sonos one speakers as surround. All works fine untill I turn off the TV and on again and then I don't get sound from my sonos. Only from my TV speakers. ARC is turned on on my TV settings and after diagnostics my TV can't find issues with the HDMI cable connect to sonos beam. When I change sources I can see sonos images on the TV but my remote control change the TV volumn not the sonos. Also on the mobile app i am changing to TV input and i am changing the volume up and down but it is not showing this changes on the TV screen and TV still play from it's speakers. After turn off beam gen 2 from power cable and connect again it connects automatically and all works fine untill I switch off the TV again. That happen when no other devices are connected to other HDMI ports. Any solutions? I changed 3 new HDMI cables so far and no difference 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 7 November 2023, 12:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Don’t forget if you’re still having issues with your Soundbar and a Samsung TV dropping out, that Sonos Staff in this thread have said to submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK, although it’s probably  best to perhaps do that after the holiday/weekend.

Badge

I don't know what's going on honestly. For the last couple of days i haven't had any issues and TV stay linked to the Sonos beam gen 2. 

I don't know what I have done but for now all is good. 

Badge

I am mad. The issue still exists. I spoke couple of times with Sonos, sent multiple time diagnostics and no help at all. They saying the reported previously issue was fixed with the latest firmware but it wasn't for me. I contacted Samsung couple of times and they were absolutely useless. I am really disappointed. 

It is such a shame for both companies... 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

i don’t know why you blame samsung the issue is only sonos bad 15.8 frimware.

i am the first one that identified this issue and announced sonos about the issue. at first they denied that the problem is on their side but after they see that a lot of customers have the same issue they understand that the issue is a frimware problem.

until now they did not find a solution to the problem. and what remains to be done is to wait for a frimware update that fix this issue.

according to past experience with same issue with sonos it’s take time until they fix a issue in the sonos system.

Badge

I have red customer report where samsung engineer through the service menu manage to solve the problem somehow. I was not very happy that after a few calls they just were going to obviously some written troubleshooting instead of going through some diagnostics. However i am not engineer and can't teach them how to proceed.

Sonos collected my diagnostic reports and absolutely denied problem to be from their side. After knowing that they actually recieved diagnostic i belive them more than Samsung. Now I'm not sure who to believe.

Sonos knew about the issue and recently realised the second firmware update since the problem was reported. After second sonos attempt i thout that issue really was solved and only i am exemption because sonos didn't tell me that more people like me still reporting. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

You have to separate two issues the first issue that the sonos beam 2 stop in the middle to work this issue fix by sonos.

the second issue that is the bigger issue that is the issue that all we complain about it is the issue that when you turn on the tv and the beam not connecting to the tv. and for this issue sonos until now not come with a fix.