Question

Sonos Beam Audio Cuts Out Periodically When Streaming or Watching Cable

• 8 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have a Sonos Beam connected to a Samsung Series 8 through optical. Recently we have found that anytime we are streaming something on our Firestick 4K (ie Netflix, Disney+), the audio will stop intermittently for a second or two and then resume. This occurs every hour or two. I am not sure why this is occurring, as we have everything connected correctly that I am aware of and streaming with internet capability up to 1000 mbps (using Nest Mesh Wifi).

Diagnostic Number is 457558198

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ckmjoch.

Thanks for reaching out, let me see what I can do to help you.

Upon checking on the diagnostic report, there are signal interruptions due to the Beam is frequently receiving an ‘unknown’ audio signal. It seems like the TV  at some point is providing an audio signal that the Sonos home theater products can’t understand. 

Try to adjust the audio format on the video source (Firestick 4k) to one of the supported formats. Refer to the device’s manual or manufacturer for specific steps.

We recommend testing Stereo/PCM to see if the issue improves. If audio interruptions only occur when set to Dolby Digital, the TV may not be passing an audio signal correctly. We suggest reaching out to the TV manufacturer for further help.

You may refer to this article that provides common fixes for TV audio interruptions while using Sonos home theater speakers.

Let me know how that goes.