Answered

Sonos Arc randomly power cycles.

• 30 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi

I’ve had a Sonos Arc since they first came out in June, but have had repeated audio cut out issues with it in the past few months with my Samsung Frame 2020 TV. Those issues have been widely reported in these forums already. I’m living with lack of Atmos in the hopes that Sonos and Samsung will eventually resolve this…

What I am seeing now though is different and I’ve not found any related questions. My Arc seems to randomly decide to power cycle entirely - audio cuts out, and the lights come on as if it is restarting from being unplugged and plugged in again. I’m at a loss as to what could cause this. It will happen regardless of whether there is audio playing. 

Have checked all of the cables, changed power sockets, and left everything off for a bit. Nothing helps with this randomly occurring issue. I took the liberty of submitting a diagnostics report (number 1456821504). 

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

icon

Best answer by Sb_gb 31 January 2021, 20:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Sb_gb.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and for doing the extra mile of starting with some isolations, and basic troubleshooting steps as well as for submitting a diagnostic. Allow me to share my recommendation to help you out.

From this point, I would recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps o9r possible product replacement as this is out of the ordinary behavior. It is best to contact our technical support team so they can take a look into what is the root cause of the issue. The diagnostic submitted does not contain any recorded hardware failures with in the product as anything prior the reboot is wiped out.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,

Thanks @Paul A! I was hoping that the diagnostics data would contain something that persisted across restarts that would help narrow down the issue, but I guess not!

I played around a little with my Samsung TV audio settings and interestingly making some changes there for “Digital Output Audio Format” from “Auto” to Pass-through has resulted in no more further restarts today. I’ll give technical support a call anyway as I’d like to try out this new patch for audio cut outs - perhaps a combination of these things will resolve what I’m hoping is a software issue rather than a hardware issue!

Will report back as and when I learn more

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Sb_gb.

Thanks for your immediate response and feedback.

A diagnostic contains a lot of information including hardware failure. A Sonos product that power cycles can also lead to hardware failure. I’m glad that we made progress on the Digital output audio format options. Depending on the given situation, Software issue may result but not limited to, Product not functioning as manufactured, un-usable product, no activity or LED change regardless of what button we press, etc. It is good to take my recommendation to call our technical support team so we can have a final solution to your issue as they may6 be able to find out what is the root cause of your Arc from rebooting randomly and be able to find a permanent fix. 

Please let me know how it goes with the progress of the change with the digital output audio format and your contact with our technical support team.

Thanks,