Answered

Sonos Arc - Flashing white light

• 8 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

My Sonos Arc, keeps resetting or restarting.  It is random, and can happen every few hours or every 30 seconds.  I have replaced the power cable, but still have the same problem. It happens when it is connected to my TV system (via the hdmi arc), and happens when I'm listening to Spotify or the radio.

Any idea's?

icon

Best answer by Paul A 8 January 2021, 16:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Solosand.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I would like to share some information to help out.

I would like to suggest if we can try doing a factory reset on your Sonos Arc to see if that would make a difference. Just to set your expectation, the Sonos Arc will be wiped out of all data stored on the product including but not limited to network information, music services, voice services, etc. Here is the LED status guide to help better understand light behavior of your Sonos products.

Allow me to share with you the steps on how to perform a factory reset on your Sonos Arc.

• Unplug your Sonos Arc from the power outlet.
  • Press and hold the join button of your Sonos Arc (while it is unplugged from power).
  • While the join button on your Sonos Arc is pressed, plug the Sonos Arc into power.
  • Wait for a greenlight prior releasing the join button.
  • set up your Sonos Arc.

If after following the above recommendation and still the issue persists, I would recommend calling our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement. It is best to contact our technical support team so they can dig deeper and asses what would be the better step to take and what is causing the issue as it may be an internal hardware fault.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,

Badge

Ok, so I got to the part where I should be adding it to my network, then got a pulsing white light again where the unit had reset again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Solosand.

Thanks for the update and immediate response. I would like to highly recommend contacting our technical support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement. This is a possible boot failure and since a factory reset was already performed on the product and still the issue persists. This could already be a possible hardware failure. 

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,

Badge

Your technical support leaves a lot to be desired. They want me to test every scenario before accepting there is a problem with the speaker. I'm a key worker, and when I pay £800 for 1 speaker I expect the best support as well. I'm new to sonos and this has totally ruined my sonos experience, and given the choice again I would happily take my money and spend it else where. . When I find the time to do all of the tests that I have been asked to do (and bear in mind this is an intermittent fault), maybe it will get fixed and I can then sell this thing.

Sorry for my bitterness, and i'm sure you have a lot of happy customers, but for me this has been my worst home technical fault ever - and I'm a systems support engineer for medical equipment (for 30yrs), so its not like I'm wet behind the ears.

Awful, just awful!!