Answered

Sonos arc dropping off of wifi

• 22 February 2023
  • 4 replies

My Sonos arc keeps dropping off from the WiFi and I get a message in the app saying "sonos arc can't connect to your WiFi system, do you want to fix this now?" 

This happens daily and the only resolution is to power off and back on. I've tried everything to fix it, from moving items around to turning the 5ghz band off on the router. I've even had a replacement soundbar.

I previously had issues with the sub dropping out, so I disconnected my philips hue lights as I believe they were causing WiFi interference.  

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 22 February 2023, 22:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you able to wire any of your speakers (not a subwoofer or surround) directly to your router with an ethernet cable?

Yes I could do that. Not something I've tried yet. 

Userlevel 7

Wiring one Sonos speaker to your router with an ethernet cable creates SonosNet, a dedicated mesh network for your (non-portable) Sonos speakers that can oftentimes improve the network performance of all of your speakers.

You only need to wire one speaker. After you do it, wait a few minutes for all of your other Sonos devices to connect to SonosNet.

That's really helpful. I have a sonos play 1 upstairs so I'll hard wire it next to the router and see if that helps. Thank you.