Skip to main content

Good morning,
I wondered about the Sonos Arc soundbar system. If you don't first buy a dedicated Sonos subwoofer to pair with the Arc. Can we connect our subwoofer that we have on our wired 5.1 home cinema set via optical audio output?

Best regards

Actarus

Hi @Actarus 

Thanks for your post!

In short, no - you cannot use a third-party subwoofer in conjunction with a Sonos soundbar.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Actarus 

Thanks for your post!

In short, no - you cannot use a third-party subwoofer in conjunction with a Sonos soundbar.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Corry P,

Thank you very much for your clear and clear response. I would prefer to ask even if I suspected it a little.

In fact, I think you can. If you have a connect:amp, or a port, you could GROUP your soundbar (arc, beam, ray, playbar) with your port/connect:amp and use the SUB OUT feature, whilst disabling/unplugging the main speakers from that device.

Bit of a workaround, but should work!

In fact, I think you can. If you have a connect:amp, or a port, you could GROUP your soundbar (arc, beam, ray, playbar) with your port/connect:amp and use the SUB OUT feature, whilst disabling/unplugging the main speakers from that device.

Bit of a workaround, but should work!

Thank you for this information, I will take note of it but I do not have connect:amp. And I don't know if I will invest in the latter, I have to weigh the pros and cons. Good Sunday. What I would like to know since I have the Shield TV Pro which works like an Apple TV Pro, if you can connect it directly to a soundbar and have HD sound.

In that case I would suggest investing in a Port - works miracles. But of course: up to you! As long as you know it IS possible to connect an external sub this way.

One disadvantage: the subs wont change volume when your group does (via the tv remote only the soundbar will change volume, not the rest of the group) - you need to manually change volume via the app.

Enjoy!

In that case I would suggest investing in a Port - works miracles. But of course: up to you! As long as you know it IS possible to connect an external sub this way.

One disadvantage: the subs wont change volume when your group does (via the tv remote only the soundbar will change volume, not the rest of the group) - you need to manually change volume via the app.

Enjoy!

I will study all that, thank you very much for your valuable advice, so it is possible with drawbacks, but at least the solution exists and you will demonstrate it to me.

Hi @Actarus 

Please note that none of those “solutions” will guarantee that the sound from a third-party subwoofer would be in sync with the Arc, or that playback would be uninterrupted - there are reasons why I said “no” in the first instance.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Actarus 

Please note that none of those “solutions” will guarantee that the sound from a third-party subwoofer would be in sync with the Arc, or that playback would be uninterrupted - there are reasons why I said “no” in the first instance.

I hope this helps.

Salut @Corry P

Rassurez-vous, cela m'aide car il a dit que c'était une solution non officielle qui pourrait probablement fonctionner, me suis-je dit, si c'était réalisable à 100%, Sonos aurait proposé la possibilité de l'intégrer directement dans sa barre de son. Cordialement.

Moderator Note - Translation by Google:

Hi @Corry P

Rest assured, this helps me because he said it was an unofficial solution that could probably work, I figured, if it was 100% feasible, Sonos would have offered the option to integrate it directly in his soundbar. Sincerely.