Sonos Arc

• 25 December 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge

Sonos Arc sound cutting in and out.

Connected to a Samsung arc hdmi input and the speaker makes a clicking sound and reduces the volume to approx 10% eveytime I increase the volume.

All devices connected to network hardwired so not down to a weak WiFi connection.

Tried a hard reset on all devices including network, seems to be OK for a couple of minutes then reverts back to the issue.

Any help appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello there @Johnny50, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos Arc. So that we can check for the current status of your Sonos Arc, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Hi Simon B

Thanks for your response, since my first message I have not experienced the issue, however I have not been using my multi fuel burner since the fault, which leads me to think it was a heat issue.

Is there a recommended distance from a heat source it should be mounted?

I don't know if this will help but here is the report number from 24-12-2020.

Ref# 24558329

Regards

Johnny 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there, @Johnny50, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, it shows an Amp fault on the Sonos Arc. An amp fault is a specific type of hardware fault that clamps the max volume to 15 to protect the internal circuitry. Which is odd for a Sonos Arc. there’s also Wi-Fi interference detected on your system. You may check this article about Wi-Fi interference. But for the other issue. We’ll take it further. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Thanks for the update Simon B.

Am I right in saying that there is no heat issue detected then, because in my opinion it doesn't get that hot in the position it is mounted although I haven't actually taken a temperature reading.

I will update you once I've spoken to the support team.

Thanks again for your help.

Johnny.

Badge

Hi Simon 

I spoke with Angela K earlier today regarding the issue with my sonos arc, for now she guide me through a hard reset as the issue has not been evident for the last few days.

If the problem reappears she asked me to submit a report and the next step would probably be a replacement unit.

Fingers crossed and thanks for all your help.

Regards 

Johnny 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Johnny50, Thanks for the update. I’m glad that you are assisted. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

Badge

Hi Simon 

I have just had the same fault happen again.

Could you please check Diagnostic #763250189 to see if its the same fault.

Thanks

Johnny.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Johnny50, thanks for the update and the diagnostic results that you’ve sent. Upon checking, it still shows the Amp fault on the Sonos Arc. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  You may get the case or ticket number for it so that they can further assist you on this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.