Answered

Sonos 15.10 update problem

• 19 November 2023
  • 24 replies

Userlevel 2

After the last Sonos 15.10 update I lost the ability to play Dolby Atmos on Disney + 
My audio system is:
Beam Gen 2 
2x Sonos One SL  ( for surrounds )

I did a factory reset to all of my units - soundbar and speakers.
Nothing changed with my Disney +
Nothing changed with my TV settings

Moderator edit: changed “Digital” to “Atmos” for accuracy

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 November 2023, 15:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

24 replies

Userlevel 7

What model TV do you have? Are you using the TV’s native Disney+ app or streaming Disney+ from an external media device?

Userlevel 2

What model TV do you have? Are you using the TV’s native Disney+ app or streaming Disney+ from an external media device?

I’m using Chromecast 4k on my Sony TV,  I have had a Disney + for almost a year and I always played movies on Dolby Atmos. After the last Sonos 15.10, I can play only 5.1channel

Userlevel 7

I’m using Chromecast 4k on my Sony TV,  I have had a Disney + for almost a year and I always played movies on Dolby Atmos. After the last Sonos 15.10, I can play only 5.1channel

Unplug the TV and Chromecast from power for a couple of minutes and make sure the TV is set to these settings (if available):

eARC: Auto

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus

Pass Through Mode: Auto

Userlevel 2

Unplug the TV and Chromecast from power for a couple of minutes and make sure the TV is set to these settings (if available):

eARC: Auto

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus

Pass Through Mode: Auto

Thank you GuitarSuperstar,

I always check my TV settings and all power cords. I am using certificate HDMI 2.1 cables and if it necessary I make a factory reset to all devices.
I saw that my first post description is not correct. I have a problem only with Dolby Atmos at Disney + . 
Dolby Digital 5.1 is working great but I lost Dolby Atmos after the last Sonos updates. Before the 15.10 version, I had a Dolby Atmos on Disney + but right now I have only Dolby 5.1.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kamarinchev 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

After the last Sonos 15.10 update I lost the ability to play Dolby Atmos on Disney + 
My audio system is:
Beam Gen 2 
2x Sonos One SL  ( for surrounds )

I did a factory reset to all of my units - soundbar and speakers.
Nothing changed with my Disney +
Nothing changed with my TV settings

Moderator edit: changed “Digital” to “Atmos” for accuracy

Sonos staff said call the technical support.  Good Luck because they are only sorry.  Not more than that, they don’t know what is the problem and when it will be fix…. Bunch of clowns Sonos, we pay a lot to buy constant and random problems!

Userlevel 7

@Kamarinchev @Patheticcompany Have you guys considered that it could be a Disney+/Chromecast issue and completely unrelated to Sonos? Read this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Chromecast/s/VzOA8Vamu9

And this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Chromecast/s/y4ibFlYYfb

@Kamarinchev @Patheticcompany Have you guys considered that it could be a Disney+/Chromecast issue and completely unrelated to Sonos? Read this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Chromecast/s/VzOA8Vamu9

And this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Chromecast/s/y4ibFlYYfb

Whoops!  Looks like someone owes a 'bunch of clowns" an apology.

It’s not my case.  For me it is the no-connection with Apple Music streaming service.  No music on 3 000$ installation.  Very nice Sonos!!! No compensation at all, they don’t know when it will be corrected.  Bad!!!

It’s not my case.  For me it is the no-connection with Apple Music streaming service.  No music on 3 000$ installation.  Very nice Sonos!!! No compensation at all, they don’t know when it will be corrected.  Bad!!!

Strange, as it’s working just fine here at the moment - maybe sign out of ‘media & purchases’ on the controller device and then login again and reauthorise your AM service. Usually these things have been down to Apple in the (distant) past.

Do you not consider the fact that since there’s no huge 100 page thread of people having a problem with Apple Music, nor is there an announcement on the Sonos service outage page, then it just might be a problem with your particular installation/account/network/etc. and not a widespread Sonos problem? Hmmmm?  Or do you always immediately blame others and heap abuse upon support workers every time you hit a bump in the road?

Also, I am not able to verify for a new update. Error 1101 !!!  You will suppose is an Apple Music

problem too! 

Sigh.

1101 is a local network connection error, could be a local DNS, VPN client, firewall, or other security software issue, but certainly not a Sonos issue, as the Sonos updates also work here. 

In my own case I’ve already updated my Sonos setup.

1101 is a local network connection error, could be a local DNS, VPN client, firewall, or other security software issue, but certainly not a Sonos issue, as the Sonos updates also work here. 

In my own case I’ve already updated my Sonos setup.

A local network problem which could also be affecting access to Apple Music. 

Once again, an apology is in order.

Problems happen just after the 15.10 update.  I hate the Sonos system but I made the mistake to loose my money with them!  I have to constantly the Support service- Everything else hardware andsoftvare have a normal use...

A local network problem which could also be affecting access to Apple Music. 

Once again, an apology is in order.

Yes - this will undoubtedly turn out to be something ‘close to home’. Not a Sonos issue at all. If it was me, I would perhaps start with a different DNS and ensure that the setup is compliant with the Sonos system and controller App requirements …and then go on from there. 

Problems happen just after the 15.10 update.  I hate the Sonos system but I made the mistake to loose my money with them!  I have to constantly the Support service- Everything else hardware andsoftvare have a normal use...

What is it about the fact you have a local network problem do you not understand?   

May be I can communicate with the NASA also.  Don”t replie please.  Sonos is a problematic company.  I had a call with the Sonos Support concerning this update a few hours ago and he tell me we search for a solution but we don’t have at this time and we don’t know when it will be corrected.

May be I can communicate with the NASA also.  Don”t replie please.  Sonos is a problematic company.  I had a call with the Sonos Support concerning this update a few hours ago and he tell me we search for a solution but we don’t have at this time and we don’t know when it will be corrected.

You can't communicate with NASA because you have a local network problem.

I suspect they intended to say NAS, and the French autocorrect app changed that to NASA, a more common term. 

May be I can communicate with the NASA also.  Don”t replie please.  Sonos is a problematic company.  I had a call with the Sonos concerning this update a few hours ago and he tell me we search for a solution but we don’t have at this time and we don’t kwon when it will be corrected.

I’ve tried to show you that things are working here - Apple Music is working, Sonos updates are working. See the screenshots in my earlier posts.

Also see the Sonos Status Page here aswell…https://status.sonos.com - it clearly mentions ‘All Systems Operational’.

The error 1101 is a local network communication error. If you just sit/wait for a fix and do not resolve these things for yourself, you will likely be waiting for some time.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/error-1101-when-updating-sonos

Here it is in Francais Canadien:

https://support.sonos.com/fr-ca/article/error-1101-when-updating-sonos