Answered

Samsung MU6500 curved 4K TV arc incompatibility

• 24 December 2021
  • 2 replies

I, up until very recently have had virtually no issues with the arc, sub Gen 3, and dual One SL's. My television is a Samsung MU6500 curved 4K 65" TV. For the past week or 2 it just suddenly stopped working and I have been very disappointed not being able to enjoy my theater system. I have done everything to restarting speakers, reconnecting HDMI's, factory resets and resetting up speaker assignments... the only thing is, the system keeps asking for "set your Samsung TV to "arc" mode" but there is no arc mode in the settings. Never had that prompt before... never had that issue before, it was working previously to this. How do we fix this issue?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 24 December 2021, 06:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Disconnect everything from the TV including the Arc and unplug the TV and Arc from power for a couple of minutes. Plug them both back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Anynet+ (CEC) is enabled on the TV. Then run TV Setup under the Arc’s settings in the Sonos app. Connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC port when the app instructs you to using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. When the Arc has been connected successfully, connect any other device to the TV.

While many devices will reboot after only a few seconds without power, SAMSUNG TV’s require at least a couple minutes without power before they will reboot. After you remove power from the TV, you’ll notice that it still attempts to respond to remote commands for a while.