Samsung Frame and Sonos Amp connected to same speakers?

Badge

I renovating a new house and plan to install a Samsung Frame TV. I want upgraded TV sound, but don’t want a soundbar. I will have Sonos Amps hardwired to various speakers throughout the house, including a pair of in-wall speakers near the TV. I would like to be able to push TV sound through these in-wall speakers, and still be able to drive music through them from one of my Sonos Amps (but not at the same time of course). I have no idea how to set this up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

31 replies

Jgatie: this thread is for those who do not wish to (or can’t) use soundbars.

You do know the Sonos Amp also does HDMI-ARC input and is specifically for those who don’t wish to use a soundbar?

My Sonos Amps are in a wiring closet that is nowhere near the TVs. Next?

My Sonos Amps are in a wiring closet that is nowhere near the TVs. Next?

My posts aren’t for your personal anecdotal situation.  Other people will come to this site, do a search, and get the idea this is an optimal solution.  It’s not, and that’s all I’m here to convey. 

Badge

Last question (I hope): If I use both old Connect:Amps and new Amps together in my house, will I need to control them with two different versions of the Sonos App. Does this also mean that I can’t play the mismatched Amp zones together? Any other drawbacks to a mixed configuration?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

S1 and S2 won’t work together, no in sync playing or sharing of lists or accounts.

You’d need to check the Sonos FAQ to see which of your Sonos are S1 or S2 only and which can do both.

Lots of S1 / S2 stuff in the support FAQ.

Badge

S1 and S2 won’t work together, no in sync playing or sharing of lists or accounts.

You’d need to check the Sonos FAQ to see which of your Sonos are S1 or S2 only and which can do both.

Lots of S1 / S2 stuff in the support FAQ.

Thanks for confirming. My entire system in my current house is S1. I’m almost certain I will be  fully S2 in the new house. I’ll get a 30% upgrade discount for going to the new Amp, so the new Amps will “only” be $490.