Answered

Resetting Playbase

• 6 October 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi

I have an older model playbase and everything was working just fine until our power went out for about 5 seconds and then came back on. The play base was not in use when this happened.

I had to reset all my other Sonos speakers and that was no problem but this isn’t working with the play base. I’ve followed the directions for reset (several times) but the light only blinks white and never switches to white/orange or green.

Any other ideas about getting this fixed? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 October 2019, 20:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I think your best bet would be to contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.
Mr Loki,

Well this is the reset procedure that I have for that Sonos device FWIW ...
  1. Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet. Leave it powered off for at least 30 seconds.
  2. Press and hold the 'Join' (Infinity) button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
  3. Continue holding the 'Join' button until the light begins flashing amber/white and let it go. Then just wait for the light to flash green before trying the setup process within the Sonos App.
You could also perhaps try powering on the device and then within a small fraction of a second very quickly press and hold the 'Join' button and don’t let it go till you see the flashing amber light. Just a very slight change, but maybe worth a try.