Skip to main content

I want to move away from a traditional AV Receiver and hardwired non-powered speakers  in my home theater.

How can I leverage a Sonos home theater surround system with multiple sources (Cable TV/Apple TV/Fire TV/Blu-Ray/LaserDisc/SVHS VCR) without an AV switching receiver/amplifier and still take advantage of a Sonos Dolby Atmos wireless experience?

You would connect the Sonos sound bar to the TV’s HDMI ARC or optical port. Then utilize the remaining HDMI/RCA/component ports on the TV to connect your other devices. But since you have six devices, you would probably need to add an HDMI switch to be able to connect all of your devices.

Not sure your question is easily defined in a single answer.

Sonos relies on the T.V. set to be the switch device. Assuming you have enough HDMI ports, you’ll have no issues. 

However, Sonos has no system that allows front separates for speakers. You can either use one of their sound bars, which have three channels built in to a single ‘box’, or an Amp, which allows you to use your own passive spears as front right and front left, but uses those two signals to create an interpolated center channel. 

I’d highly recommend reading the Sonos sales pages at www.Sonos.com.