Answered

remote control

• 9 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Just bought a Sonos Ray soundbar. Despite the assurances of the John Lewis salesman that everything would work with my new Sony TV - I can’t get the remote control to work.  My TV remote isn’t IR and the Sonos has no HDMI input - so am I stuck with no remote control facility?  It would be clumsy but do Sonos make a simple remote control? Not convenient to have to log into my phone and app just to change volume level!

icon

Best answer by buzz 10 December 2023, 03:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You haven’t said which Sony TV you have, but most/all of them have a setting so you can switch your remote from RF to IR. Double check the manual. The Ray, since it uses an optical connection, requires an IR remote to get its volume commands. 

Sony Bravia KD32W800 

It is commonly possible to set a TV remote send IR to control an audio system. The SONY manual that I found was useless for this instruction. If you cannot use the SONY remote, you can configure a cable box remote to use IR for Volume control of an external audio system. Specify an arbitrary model number to be controlled and configure RAY to use these commands.