Answered

Positioning the Arc + Era100 in the room for surround sound.

• 3 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hey, everybody. I have an Arc and two Era 100. The question is how best to position them in the room. It is possible to put them as in the picture. But I'm not sure if it is optimal to put Era100 on the sides of the head? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 3 October 2023, 12:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

That’s where I would put the surrounds, set at head height when seated, as they are each focused on what would likely be a main seat/viewing position in the room.

Badge +1

That’s where I would put the surrounds, set at head height when seated, as they are each focused on what would likely be a main seat/viewing position in the room.

The problem is that if you put it right behind your head, it's really close 😅 The only +- normal placement for me is like the picture above. But I'm worried that the surround sound may be affected. 

I think that things are dictated by what you have in the room already and if you Trueplay tune at the ‘sweetspot’ to balance the speakers initially, then it should sound fine - there’s always the ‘TV Level’ slider control too if you want to reduce the output to the surrounds even further than TP tuning gives you. I’m not sure you have any other viable alternative in that room with the given furniture/layout.

Badge +1

I think that things are dictated by what you have in the room already and if you Trueplay tune at the ‘sweetspot’ to balance the speakers initially, then it should sound fine - there’s always the ‘TV Level’ slider control too if you want to reduce the output to the surrounds even further than TP tuning gives you. I’m not sure you have any other viable alternative in that room with the given furniture/layout.

Yeah, I guess so, there's not much other option. Thanks a lot for your help :)