Skip to main content
Answered

playing a non smart TV through my Sonos Amp

• 14 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I have 4 speakers hardwired to my Amp.  I can play music through the speakers using my phone’s Bluetooth. I have an older model non smart TV that has a Firestick. I’d like to know how I can play my TV through the speakers? Do I need some adapter? Running wires from the TV to the amp is not desirable. Thanks. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

So does your Sonos Amp have a Bluetooth receiver linked to its line-in port? I assume that it does if you’re currently able to play audio to it using Bluetooth from your mobile device. In that case you, could try linking your FireStick Bluetooth transmitter to your BT receiver instead and see how that works for you. You may possibly experience lip-sync issues, but it’s worth a try, particularly as it appears (from your initial post) that you may already have the hardware in situ to test these things.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Just to Point out, you must be using a bluetooth receiver because the Amp does not do bluetooth. Or did you just assume you where using bluetooth?