Answered

Playbase Connection & Home Theatre Issues

• 3 December 2022
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi, I have a Playbase and 2 x Play1 and had them all set up in my home theatre to my (Samsung) TV with surround sound, connected via wifi working great. However my Playbase suddenly stopped being found.  I have tied the following:

1. Connected via LAN cable and it works but it then cannot join the Play1’s for surround sound as they are via wifi and now different network 
  2. Playbase simply is not connecting via wifi anymore. Been through all the support steps online without success
  3. Both Play1s work together separate without the Playbase but only for music as not connected to the TV

Not sure what else to try. As stated it was working and worked great then after just over a week of no use, next time using it wasn’t working. Nothing changed on the wifi network and nothing had been switched off at wall.

Was there an update done automatically to Playbase? 

Seeking help getting this resolved. 
Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 December 2022, 10:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Megz 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please reconnect your Playbase via ethernet and submit a support diagnostic, then reply here with the given number when convenient. Thank you. I think I know what this is, but want to confirm.

Note that our spam filter may mistake your diagnostic number for a phone number and remove your post. If this happens, please ignore - we’ll undo the false positive the next working day.

Hi

Thanks for response and sorry for delay (I was travelling for work and appears nobody else in house could work it out 😰). 

Diagnostic submitted. Number is 1155838473

thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Megz 

No problem at all!

Unfortunately, I was right - your Playbase has a faulty wireless card. The good news is that we will replace that unit for you, free of charge. We’ll even cover the shipping costs. Please get in touch with our technical support team at your convenience to start the process.

Thanks for the bad but good news Corry …  

Appreciate the fast response!