Skip to main content

I already own a Playbar and sub. I just bought a house that has two in-ceiling rear speakers. Is it possible using the amp to connect all these together? Or do I lose the sub if I connect the rear speakers?

how do I physically configure and connect the Playbar and amp and sub to make this connection work? I assume the rear speakers are connected to amp but otherwise how do I make this work? Thanks in advance

You bond the Amp to the PLAYBAR as surrounds. The Sub remains bonded to the PLAYBAR as well. Just follow the instructions in the controller. 

But that’s the solution to connect everything is basically get the sonos amp to connect my non-sonos in ceiling speakers?

sorry for the duplicates - website said they weren’t going through 

There seems to be a recently developed issue with the Community site claiming a fail, when actually there was success. There have been a few similar duplicate threads. Duplicate threads annoy the regulars, because we assume that an over the top member is just attempting to get maximum exposure. One of us will complain about duplicates because they create clutter and confusion. In these recent cases I think that we are barking at the wrong dog.

It was honestly more of an attempt to focus the replies to your query into a single thread…pretty clear to me at least that you weren’t purposely spamming the form. Don’t sweat it, but I did want the forum moderators to note that the software was running a little oddly this weekend. ;)

Yes, basically, adding a Sonos Amp to drive that extra pair of speakers, and setting that Amp to serve in surround mode should do what you need. 

And how will playbar be connected to tv? Optical or wireless?

The PLAYBAR only has an optical connection. There are no Sonos sound bars that connect wirelessly to a TV, they are all either optical or ARC/eARC (via HDMI)

Oh ok thanks. Sorry - playbar has been in storage for the last year before we just bought this house. Does it matter if it’s optical or hdmi if I’m adding the amp and rear surround speakers? 

The PLAYBAR is only optical. If you have a Sonos device that has a different connector, it isn’t a PLAYBAR. 

No, how the front sound bar is connected has no impact on the bonding of the Amp as a surround speaker driver.