Answered

No sound from stereo pair

• 22 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

For my lounge setup I have a beam with two Play1 for left and right speakers.

I an not hearing any sound from the two Plat 1 speakers.

I have carried out a software update on these speakers (as well an the beam)

I don’t know if this is relevant but if I tap on the >II button of the beam (and with the Sonos speaker in the kitchen) I hear a pop sound. This does not happen with the left and right Play1 speakers.

I would appreciate suggestions how to connect the sterio speakers to the beam.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by jgatie 22 December 2023, 17:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You cannot add speakers as the front left and right with the Beam as the center.  The Beam, like all soundbars, already has the front left/center/right speakers.  You can position the Play:1’s as surrounds (behind and to the left/right of the main listening position) and add them that way.  See this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-surround-speakers-to-a-sonos-home-theater

The Beam already has right, center and left speakers inside it, there is no way in the Sonos system to add additional right and left speakers to it, only surround speakers. You would need to move those PLAY:1s to behind you, and go into the Sonos Beam’s room, and add them as surrounds.

Sonos does not make a ‘Center’ speaker. All of their sound bar speakers contain left, center, and right in the single enclosure. 

edit…read the post previous to mine ;)

Badge

Thank you both for correcting my misunderstanding.

Followed the link, after carrying out a factory reset and reconnection of both speakers.

I now have them as surround speakers.

Merry Christmas

Don